X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID at the WoodWorkers show.

Anybody notice the big display at this weekends WW show in Baltimore?
    I was just about floored when I saw it.

funny thing is that they were only selling factory reconditioned floor tools and some new boxed battery stuff.

Not what I would have expected, but I suppose it's a start.
    “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Re: RIDGID at the WoodWorkers show.

Steve

I didn't make the show this year, but last year there was no Ridgid anything there. Are you sure it wasn't some dealer trying to sell off what they had?

Comment

Ridgid was in Columbus last year. Got a nib OSS/Belt sander for $150.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

No, it really was Rigid. Nice to see them there. They were offering quite a deal on a jointer or planer, but I already have both (the Rigid ones, of course).

Comment

No surprise there (that we are surprised RIDGID attended the show that is). I started a thread a couple weeks before the event. You would think that there would have been an announcement somewhere on the RIDGID website or on the forum about what shows they plan on attending. Another missed opportunity on their part.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

JackGanssle,
            Do you recall what the jointer was selling for?
            Steve.

Comment

Went to the same show, bought one of the refurbished saws. The WW show last year in Chantily was larger, with more exibits. The show was sold to a new organization and this may be the reason - don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                No surprise there (that we are surprised RIDGID attended the show that is). I started a thread a couple weeks before the event. You would think that there would have been an announcement somewhere on the RIDGID website or on the forum about what shows they plan on attending. Another missed opportunity on their part.
                ...and if memory serves, one of the guys said that they worked for TTI not RIDGID per se. Although each one of them was decked out in RIDGID gear.
                “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by SteveA(MD) View Post
                  ...and if memory serves, one of the guys said that they worked for TTI not RIDGID per se. Although each one of them was decked out in RIDGID gear.
                  Well, it's TTI that manufacturers and markets the WWing tools under the RIDGID name, so you're better off with them representing at a WWing show. At a PHCC or other plumbing or mechanical trade show, send Josh and the gang from Ohio where they make the real RIDGID tools.

GM does the same with the Hummer, they've obtained from AM General the rights to market the Hummer worldwide, though AM General still owns the Hummer name and associated patents, trade names, etc. AMG also retains the right to sell the HUMVEE and supply parts in support of all military contracts worldwide.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I went to the Denver Show in November. The show was a big disappointment. There were about 2/3 the vendors and exhibits from previous years and there were far fewer demonstrations. There were two highlights though. Wood Magazine had a presentation on calcultating, cutting, and installing crown molding. The other was the guys in the Ridgid orange shirts and hats with the factory reconditioned tools. I had read earlier reviews of the table saw and was impressed. I bought one.
                    The receipt for my saw was from the Stapleton HD in north Denver.

After my purchase, while trying to make sense of the instructions, I learned about this forum and have been lurking ever since. Your posts and discussions helped me through the assembly process and make a decision about a tennoning jig. I have learned much and enjoyed my visits.

Comment

Last year in Puyallup Washington WW show Ridgid was there, they all had ridgid outfits and booth tent and only had ridgid. They had the best deals I have ever seen on there stuff. I think the TS 3650 was $309 and the planer was like $249. I had them both but I wish I was in the market then. I have since sold the 3650 but still run there planer and 12" miter saw.

Comment

Working...
                      X