Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planer board length

Hi Folks,
    Just to make sure I'm thinking the right way with the new Dewalt 13" Planer that Santa brought me. I'm wondering what the minimum legth board Is that I can run through it. I'm thinking that it has to be as long as the length between the 2 feed rollers. Otherwise, there is a chance that it will stop under the cutter, or worse yet, get pulled up by the cutter. Am I thinking the right way on this subject? Thanx for your help in advance....Bill

Re: Planer board length

Actually, beings the tables are canted upward on the DeWalt to help avoid snipe, I think the minimum recommended length is 12", but may be 10 on the 13". I have the 12 1/2" (734) and it says 12. As I have just gotten mine, also, I haven't tried anything shorter than 3' so far. However, if you need to run a shorter piece, try running a scrap board in front and in back. That may help as long as the short board will span at least both rollers.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I wont try and plane a board that is not the length of the planer and one table. I can keep one hand on the board as it is entering and put my other hand on it exiting before taking the first had off. I just don't want it jamming or shooting out at me. LOL
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

RTFM. I believe it is 12" for the DW-735
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
        X