X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy

I have just installed my 3650 and it works fine except for the dust collection.
    I have a sears 3.5 hp vacuum attached but most of the dust comes out the opening above the panel that covers the blade under the saw. A lot of dust comes back on top of the saw to the left of the saw blade.
    Is this normal or am I missing something. Maybe the vac. isn't strong enough.
    Buddy

Re: Buddy

Nope, there is nothing wrong. This is just typical of a contractor style saw. Do a search on here and you will come up with some ideas on how to improve it. Most involvle using think plywood or something to seal up the bottom. The hood around the blade is loose and won't catch most of it.

Comment

Re: Buddy

Yes, you can enclose the bottom of the cabinet but you'll still need something that can move more air than the average shop-vac can. There are so many openings that a shop-vac can't overcome them and create a negative pressure zone in the cabinet that would tend to contain most of the sawdust.

If you cover the bottom of the saw, and use one of the ingenious options for enclosing the rear of the cabinet that Dave or some others have you can capture better than 90% of the sawdust which I think is darn good. A few searches on this subject should uncover a number of threads on here addressing the subject.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X