X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1250LZA Laser Line Issue

I have this saw, and for the most part I have no problems. It cuts great and gives me accurate cuts. My issue is with the laser line. To make an accurate cut using the laser line, I have to position the laser line on the board with about about a 1/16" to 1/32" gap between the laser line itself, and the pencil line for the cut. This does not seem like a lot, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the laser. Is there a way to adjust this so that the red line I see, is exactly where it cuts?

Thanks,
    JR
    Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

Re: MS1250LZA Laser Line Issue

Nope, can't be done.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

JR,

There has been much discussion of the laser issue on mitre saws. The simple fact is that these laser guides are at best, only a "referance". An arbor mounted laser cannot be adjusted to hit the line and if the laser is mounted anywhere else on the upper, moving assembly the line will most likely move as the assembly is moved down to make the cut. There may be some aftermarket devices that serve this purpose better, nothing replaces the good ol' pencil and a trained eye.

Sorry this isn't more helpful,

CWS

Comment

JR
        Best advice I can give is to take off the arbor mounted laser and check out this setup www.laserkerf.com/. It is reasonably priced and will do what you want. I have the same saw and have seriously considered ordering this laser guide when the cash flow is a little better.

Bill

Comment

I have a Ryobi Trim saw and bought one of the laser lights that mounts under the nut that holds the blade on. It is 100% right on and very bright also. bought it at WalMart on clearance.

Comment

Working...
          X