TS2400 Saw Balde Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 Saw Balde Recommendation

I need to replace the stock blade on my Ridgid TS2400 Table Saw. I will the using the blade for both crosscutting and ripping hard and softwood and plywood. I would appreciate any recomendations. Thanks for your input -

Dave

Re: TS2400 Saw Balde Recommendation

I just got the forrest woodworker II and really like it. I bought it based on all the good reviews and it deserves it.

Comment

There is no blades out there that will do an exceptional job of performing all three of the tasks you mentioned. However, a top quality 40T general purpose blade or a like quality 50T combination blade will do all three with good results. The thin kerf Woodworker II like Pez recommended would be a good choice as would the Ridge Carbide TK blade or the Freud LU86R010 and LU83R010.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

If you don't cut much that's thicker than 1-1/2", one of my favorites is the 60T Freud LU88R010...on sale from Amazon for ~ $40 shipped with code FREUDIO8 at checkout. It leaves a very clean cut and rips well to ~ 1-1/2" due to it's 15 degree positive hook angle. It'll do better in crosscuts and plywood than most 40 or 50T. You can always add a ripper down the road if you cut a lot of thick material.

If you do cut a lot of thick hardwoods and don't mind spending the money, the Forrest WWII 30 tooth combo blade has a pretty amazaing range. It cuts about as cleanly as the 40T WWII, crosscuts reasonably well, and rips nearly as aggressively as a 24T ripper but with a much cleaner cut.
        Last edited by hewood; 01-13-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

The LU83R10 is a great all around blade. It will rip about as well as my dedicated 24t ripper as long as the piece isn't over about 2" and crosscuts reasonably clean.

Comment

Working...
          X