X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEACE Smokin' Joe

A fellow woodworker and member has moved on ...

I received a telephone call earlier today from Jane, Smokin' Joe's wife, informing me that he passed away peacefully in his sleep sometime early this morning.

I've had the true pleasure to get to know him and respect and truly admire him as a person in recent months. He had been battling cancer for many years - in fact the doctors had informed him in 1999 it was terminal and nearing his time. We shared many things - family, frustrations, laughs, health issues. In a short period of time I felt like I had a new member of my family. In many ways I did.

No -it wasn't yet the "time" before as he mentally said so to himself and loved ones. Last few weeks I've sensed a change, he said he was at peace with everything in his life. He left us when he felt he was ready.

Joe - really gonna miss you. God Bless you and your family. Thanks for sharing all Joe. You give me a person I shall always admire and never forget.
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

My prayers and sympathy go out to his wife and family.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers, also.
      Steve

Comment

Please extend my Thoughts and Prayers to his family also.

Life is to short for us all. Just flashes by in a blink. It is so darn important to enjoy every day we have. Yet I have made mistake in past to let many just slip away.

Comment

Smokin'Joe's Member # was 3270, do a quick search and read what he had to say.
          It's only 24 topics (he wasn't a member too long) but he was a clear thinker and had hopes and dreams for the future.
          Godspeed Joe.

"NoWhereMan, are you listenin'..."

Comment

Working...
          X