TS2400LS vs TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS2400LS vs TS3650

Quick thought on table saws. My side job is working on houses, i buy old homes, remodel them, then sell or rent them. I worked for years with a 2 circular saws, several homemade jigs, a router, and a power miter saw, and did a damn good job. Then i bought an old cast iron craftsman table saw and it was great, in the shop. NOT portable and i rarely used it. When i made cabinets i found it easier, probably by habit, to use a circular saw with a sharp blade to cut sheets. Then about 8 years ago i bought the ridgid portable, and that saw was and is great. I use it all the time now. It rides in my truck, i carry in on a dolly, the set the dolly down and use that as the stand, yes it is low but it is stable enough and works! In the shop i just bought the 3660 to replace my old craftsman that finally shorted out. What a difference. The 3660/3650 is great, smooth, quiet, stable, precise, but NOT PORTABLE and it uses alot of room. If space is limited, get the ridgid portable. If you will not be moving the saw get the 3660. Building fences, cutting trim, molding, sofit boards, and occassional cabinets, the portable. I got the 3660 because i love to make children's furiture, by myself, and it is easier with better cleaner results with the 3660. Now one last option, DONT LAUGH, i also have a DW745 super compact table saw, the one that looks like a toy, 257.oo at lowes with 10 buck coupon, makes it 246.00 and 45 lbs of mean saw. I think of it an an upside down 10" circular saw attached to a small table top. It is handy for ripping small items like trim, shelves, and is great for remodeling a home. I love it, again if i only had one table saw it would be the portable ridgid. But for a dedicated wood shop the 3650, and for only occassional use and very limited space a dewalt 745 (upside down 10" circular saw, called the DW745.

Comment

Re: TS2400LS vs TS3650

I recently bought the 3650 after extensive reasearch and comparision shopping. You just can't beat the quaility and precision for the price. I got a killer deal due a HD pricing error. They had the ts3650 marked at 466 (their last sale price) but where also give 100 off is you spent 500 or more. I went to two HDs, noticed the difference (549 vs.466) and made the right inquiries. Ended up with a ryobi biscutt joiner and the awesome ts3650 for a grand total of 465.

Comment

Working...
      X