X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH HAPPY DAY!!

I wish you could have all been there to witness it. My wife took me to home depot, "Looking" About an hour and a half later, I was struggling to get my new DP1500, TP1300, and yes the TS2424 into the back of my poor S-10 pickup truck. She just said, "You worked hard this year!" The other 3 guys assisting us just stood there with their mouths open also. She even let me pick up a PC pancake compressor finish nailer combo, and a 80 freud blade. Oh, and last but not least, she said, "You'll need a shop vac too won't you." WD1200

Hell of a dream.

Comment

I thought I was dreaming too RGad, but I pinched myself twice just to make sure. I have been eyeballing them for a long time!! Finally got a place for it all when we bought our first house. My brother and uncle both have the TS2424 and The TP1300. I love it!! I just found this forum here recently and I love it!! I see there are a bunch of people here who have an eye for quality too. I'm hoping that sometime in the near future that Ridgid will come out with a compound slide miter saw. I love the dewalt, but I will wait for the Ridgid!!

Comment

Dutch
        Quite a score on your part. Almost sounds like your wife is related to mine. You are a lucky guy for sure. Welcome to the forums! Dave [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank You Dave!!! I appreciate your welcoming me here today very much!!! I was a bit afraid that it was my breath!!! Kidding!! I have a wonderful wife and I hope you do also!!

Comment

Dutch, I must be losin it, I was under the impression that Ridgid already has a Sliding Compound Mitre Saw...

Cheers Ivor

Comment

Dutch,

Welcome!!!!!!!!! and congratulations on the major tool score.

BTW Ivor, Ridgid does have a CMS but I don't think they have a "sliding" CMS.

PS, Dutch, does your wife have any sisters????

AHHHHHHH, Christmas in April. How sweet it is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wood Dog

Comment

Welcome Dutch, sounds like a winner. A couple of possible reasons (I could not come up with enough to make a top 10 list) [img]smile.gif[/img]:

She ran over your golf clubs when pulling the car in the garage and hopes you won't care any more.

She wants you to build new kitchen cabinets and figures this gets you half way there.

She went on a shopping binge with friends and figures she stands much better off when you get the credit card bill if you are almost even.

She figures if she can keep you busy in your shop she can finally watch something on TV besides baseball and football.

You were not dreaming, but whe was sleep walking. Better not wake her up just yet.

Either that or she is just a terrific find and you should hold on tight. Either way, great to have you on board (no pun intended).

Comment

Thanks all for the great welcome!!

Ivor- as far as I know there is no "sliding"
                  compound mitre saw. If you see one let me know.
                  WoodDog- Yes my wife has a sister, but trust me there is no comparison!!
                  Jerry- No golf clubs
                  Yes she wants kitchen cabinets
                  No credit cards!!!
                  Hate baseball!!! Nascar only!!! Tony
                  Stewart, and Kevin Harvick
                  Sleepwalking possibly (SHHH!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] )
                  Terrific find MOST DEFINATELY!!!
                  Have a great one all!!!
                  And remember to wear those safety glasses!!

Comment

Poor Dutch. You will never feel the thrill of sneaking a new power tool past your wife

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

Poor Henry,

I suspect you'll never know the thrill of not having to. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] No harm intended of course. I'm just glad I don't have to is all.

Comment

Just kiddin'

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

Man your lucky, Enjoy the tools and if you ever get tired of wood working look up my e-mail address and drop me a line.
                          My wife cut me off (from buying tools for awhile that is) Guess I just have to go along so we can pay our creditors [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Comment

Working...
                          X