TS3650/TS3660 Herc-U-Lift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3650/TS3660 Herc-U-Lift

Was just on the HD website - the 3650 is no longer listed there. The only Ridgid TS listed is the 2400. May be worth the trip to see if the 3650 becomes a clearance item.

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post

Hello Jack --
      The dimensions on my stand at the leg brackets are exactly 20 inches side-to-side, and 24 inches front to back. Center-to-center of the bolt holes.
      Perhaps one of your tubes is incorrectly drilled or sized?

Anyway, the dimensions listed are what to shoot for with the assembled Herc_U_Lift.

Good luck and enjoy the saw. BTW -- If any other measurements would help, let me know.

---Mike
      I'm out of town until Saturday. I'll check the measurements and get back to you when I get home.

Thanks,
      Jack

Comment

For you guys having the problem with the center support, I struggled with the exact same thing when setting mine up last weekend.

The fix is deceptively simple and the manual alludes to what you need to do but it certainly could have been a little more clear (or perhaps it's perfectly clear and we're all just overthinking it)

In the manual it mentions loosening the frame bolts if you are having a hard time getting it to fit, they actually mean the frame to leg bolts (the ones you put together when it was upside down)

I loosened the leg bolts just a little (only had to do the 4 front facing bolts and 4 rear facing bolts, didn't have to touch the side ones) and there was then enough spread to get the lift arms mounted in their holes (remember to leave those bolts loose) then I retightened the leg bolts, my lift works like a charm.

Hope that helps, it seems based on what I read here before I went to putting it together that the 3660 instruction manual is better than the 3650, the only thing that was unclear to me was what I just described above.

Comment

Info sheet on the 3660 (click for a larger view)

sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Originally posted by msorelle View Post
            <snip>
            The fix is deceptively simple and the manual alludes to what you need to do but it certainly could have been a little more clear (or perhaps it's perfectly clear and we're all just overthinking it)

In the manual it mentions loosening the frame bolts if you are having a hard time getting it to fit, they actually mean the frame to leg bolts (the ones you put together when it was upside down)

I loosened the leg bolts just a little (only had to do the 4 front facing bolts and 4 rear facing bolts, didn't have to touch the side ones) and there was then enough spread to get the lift arms mounted in their holes (remember to leave those bolts loose) then I retightened the leg bolts, my lift works like a charm. <snip>

I've had my machine for 3 years and it was the same issue back then. You have hit it on the head. Loosen up the whole assemly while it's attached to the legs of the saw and you should be able to get everything aligned. It was so loose that I had the nuts hanging by a thread - crazy loose. Work from there and you'll get it.
            Later,
            Chiz
            https://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/frown.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...es/redface.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...s/rolleyes.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/smile.png

Comment

I didn't have any problems with the herc-u-lift assembly and I didn't loosen the "frame to leg" bolts. My interpretation of the instruction is to loosen the herc-u-lift frame bolts for adjustment.

I did suggest to ridgid to move the installation of the four leg brackets to page 19 where the whole thing was upside down to ease assembly.

Also, I got the 3660 but I didn't get a featherboard with it like harley130 post below shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                I

Also, I got the 3660 but I didn't get a featherboard with it like harley130 post below shows.
                The featherboard is a separate purchased item. It just happens to be advertised on the same page as the TS. cost on the FB is 39.95 and they work great. I purchased one for my Delta TS
                sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Hey there, Bandit---I was thinking the same thing when I was on the ground fumbling with the leg supports.

Comment

Originally posted by msorelle View Post
                    For you guys having the problem with the center support, I struggled with the exact same thing when setting mine up last weekend.

Tried your cure and it worked like a dream. I put the herc-u-lift on while the saw was still upside down, as I was on a limited time budget and didn't have another back at the time to help me turn the saw over. The dimensions on the parts of the herc-u-lift are different than what is in the 3650 manual (the 3660 didn't give dimensions that I saw), so thought I had a bad part at first.

But after a couple attempts at reconfiguring the upper and lower lifts, you solution worked right away.

Tonight will be alignment and waxing and I should be ripping and crosscutting by the weekend.

Comment

Hi Guys,

bought myself a 3660 over the Christmas break - HD were offering free shipping

I am having exactly the same problem described; the Herculift is about 3/4" too wide for the mounting holes.

Will try loosening the legs tonight and hope that the table doesn't collapse on me

thanks for the great forum.

Comment

Hi,
                        Had the same problem with mine. I found that if you loosen ALL the bolts in the upper assembly, then attach it to the legs, then retighten everything, you'll get enough play to line up the mounting holes.

Comment

i have been on this forum most of the afternoon and have seen alot of stuff regarding the 3660. its on the hd website too. i was all upset cause i just got the 3650 and wondered what was different. thanks now i know...
                          i also read about the granit top saw they have. weighs about 150 lbs. more than the 3650/60... granite ????

Comment

Granite tops are all the rage these days in table saws! The advantage of granite is that it's incredibly stable (will stay flat) and will not rust. It's dense, hard, and resilient. Personally, I don't have a problem with rust in my shop. I do make sure to topcoat the cast surfaces of all my tools and I use paste wax to keep them slippy. If you're in a shop where rust could be an issue, a granite surface is a good idea. It's also important to keep in mind that the heavier a tool is, the more stable it will be, and stable is good.
                            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              "Heck, how long ago did Sawstop take pre-orders for their contractor saw and it was just an idea..."

True, but the sawstop was a radical departure from the norm in American table saws. I think they did that to discover how much serious interest there was in the saw before they went into production. The sawstop safety device has been out for a while. They originally tried to market it to the current cadre of TS manufacturers but didn't get any bites. They then tried to force it on manufacturers by waving the safety flag (of which the hot dog trick was part) and that didn't produce the results they wanted. So their only recourse was to market their own TS hence the need to carefully weigh consumer interest before they put their money where their mouth was/is.
                              Saw Stop has a problem I'm told? Wet wood acts like a HOT DOG!
                              I have read somewhere that the destroyed blades and the shoes cost more than the savings in insurance? Many production shops are going with the new Delta Unisaw when it's released.

Buck

Comment

Originally posted by BuckB View Post
                                Saw Stop has a problem I'm told? Wet wood acts like a HOT DOG!
                                I have read somewhere that the destroyed blades and the shoes cost more than the savings in insurance? Many production shops are going with the new Delta Unisaw when it's released.

Buck
                                Buck-

If you place a piece of wet wood (or suspect material) beside the blade on a Sawstop (before you start up the blade), the saw will warn you with an indicator light. You can then turn a key to bypass the "sawstop" safety feature, it then behaves just like any other saw... cuts hotdogs too...

Insurance savings are one thing, but what about a worker that cuts into a hand? What are those costs? I'd be worried about a shop that was tripping so many blades and brakes that it would offset the insurance savings...

Comment

Working...
                                X