X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650/TS3660 Herc-U-Lift

I bought the TS3660 from Home Depot yesterday. It seems to be pretty much the same as the TS3650 they had on display.

Has anyone had any trouble assembling the Herc-U-Lift upper section to the leg stand? It seems that the upper assembly bolts holes are 5/8" wider center to center than the holes in the leg stand.

Thanks,
    Jack

Re: TS3650/TS3660 Herc-U-Lift

You might try checking this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7585

It is a sticky on setting up the 3650 with many helpful tips including the Herc-U-Lift.
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Did I miss something, TS3660?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Did I miss something, TS3660?
        The new model is TS3660. The only diffenece I see is the braces around the top of the leg set. Compared to the TS3650 on display. The new one has side panels and the front one is slightly differnt.

Comment

Originally posted by jeboyd View Post
          The new model is TS3660. The only diffenece I see is the bracesa round the top of te leg set. Compared to the TS3650 on display. The new one has side panels and the front one is slightly differnt.
          Wow, great job Ridgid, don't tell anyone that it is coming and it just arrives.
          Can you take some pictures once you get it up and running?

Josh, how about some info. since it is out.

Comment

Originally posted by automobiliben View Post
            Wow, great job Ridgid, don't tell anyone that it is coming and it just arrives.
            Can you take some pictures once you get it up and running?

Josh, how about some info. since it is out.
            I posted about this over a month ago and asked Josh/RIDGID the same Qs, didn't get much if anything on the subject except I think Josh said he was going to find out about the new TS and the new featherboard accessory. Just checked the RIDGID.com -->> Power Tools --> Table Saws section and no mention of the TS-3660.

The radio is the only scoop we have gotten on a new product I think. Everything else they have been tight lipped about. I guess saving the surprise for the next tool show.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              I posted about this over a month ago and asked Josh/RIDGID the same Qs, didn't get much if anything on the subject except I think Josh said he was going to find out about the new TS and the new featherboard accessory. Just checked the RIDGID.com -->> Power Tools --> Table Saws section and no mention of the TS-3660.

The radio is the only scoop we have gotten on a new product I think. Everything else they have been tight lipped about. I guess saving the surprise for the next tool show.
              Maybe they don't have a marketing department...lol.

I guess I don't understand putting something in stores without having anything about it on their website nor releasing anything about it. Heck, how long ago did Sawstop take pre-orders for their contractor saw and it was just an idea...

Comment

"Heck, how long ago did Sawstop take pre-orders for their contractor saw and it was just an idea..."

True, but the sawstop was a radical departure from the norm in American table saws. I think they did that to discover how much serious interest there was in the saw before they went into production. The sawstop safety device has been out for a while. They originally tried to market it to the current cadre of TS manufacturers but didn't get any bites. They then tried to force it on manufacturers by waving the safety flag (of which the hot dog trick was part) and that didn't produce the results they wanted. So their only recourse was to market their own TS hence the need to carefully weigh consumer interest before they put their money where their mouth was/is.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I saw the featherboard accessory at HD a couple of weeks ago and the package said for the 3650/3660. Didnt know what the 3660 was, maybe a foreign model or something similiar. A quick search didnt even come up with anything useful. Odd. Are the changes just cosmetic?

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                    I saw the featherboard accessory at HD a couple of weeks ago and the package said for the 3650/3660. Didnt know what the 3660 was, maybe a foreign model or something similiar. A quick search didnt even come up with anything useful. Odd. Are the changes just cosmetic?

Yes, as far as I can tell the changes are mostly cosmetic. They did change the side leg supports to panels. The front panel is now a solid rectangle not the "U" shape that the 3650 had. Maybe the legs needed more support?

Other than that I don't see any difference in my 3660 and the 3650 on display at HD.

Comment

Picked up the 3660 this morning from HD. The HD "tool person" didn't even know it wasn't the 3650 until I mentioned it. Saw packed in ONE BIG box instead of 2 for the 3650, and as has been mentioned, some cosmetic differences. I'm not sure if the dado "issue" was resolved on the new model. Assembly took about 6 hours.

Will post more after the saw gets some use the next day or two.

---Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post
                        Picked up the 3660 this morning from HD. The HD "tool person" didn't even know it wasn't the 3650 until I mentioned it. Saw packed in ONE BIG box instead of 2 for the 3650, and as has been mentioned, some cosmetic differences. I'm not sure if the dado "issue" was resolved on the new model. Assembly took about 6 hours.

Will post more after the saw gets some use the next day or two.

---Mike
                        Did you have any trouble assembling the Herc-U-Lift? I never did get the center support to fit in.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jeboyd View Post
                          Did you have any trouble assembling the Herc-U-Lift? I never did get the center support to fit in.

Jack
                          Jack,

I had no problem with the Herc_U_Lift. What is yours doing?

---Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post
                            Jack,

I had no problem with the Herc_U_Lift. What is yours doing?

---Mike

I could not install the center support. After loosely assembling the rear tubes to the lift and the the legs of the saw the center support holes are to far apart at the casters. At first I assembled the complete rear assembly with the lift plate, casters and center support. It was too wide to fit the brackets on the legs. I removed the center support and it gave me enough to fit it on the leg brackets but the center support wont fit back in.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks,
                            Jack

Comment

I could not install the center support. After loosely assembling the rear tubes to the lift and the the legs of the saw the center support holes are to far apart at the casters. At first I assembled the complete rear assembly with the lift plate, casters and center support. It was too wide to fit the brackets on the legs. I removed the center support and it gave me enough to fit it on the leg brackets but the center support wont fit back in.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks,
                              Jack

Hello Jack --
                              The dimensions on my stand at the leg brackets are exactly 20 inches side-to-side, and 24 inches front to back. Center-to-center of the bolt holes.
                              Perhaps one of your tubes is incorrectly drilled or sized?

Anyway, the dimensions listed are what to shoot for with the assembled Herc_U_Lift.

Good luck and enjoy the saw. BTW -- If any other measurements would help, let me know.

---Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X