X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Outfeed Table

I have figured out about a dozen ways to build one that somehow works around the motor and other things such as the shape of the fence track and limited ways to "match things up". My question is simple. Has anyone made one that is sturdy and will work, and basically how you did it. I can take a 2x4, a roll of duct tape, and some bailing wire and build a rector, but it may not be the best or most effecient way of doing it. In other words, there is not much I cannot do with building materials, I just need some direction on the best concept. Any ideas ?

Also, is there a Biesemeyer fence system that will bolt up without major surgery?

Thanks,

JR
    Last edited by hossyman; 01-16-2008, 08:16 PM.
    Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

Re: TS3650 Outfeed Table

This thread contains some fine examples:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7542
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I have built a router table extension and outfeed table in an angle iron frame.
      the outfeed table swings up then pushes into position. This allows the blade guard to be easily removed and reinstalled. It can be built without the router table extension.

Search for 'Router extension on 3650' to see some pics in my posting. The description is long as I wanted to anticipate any questions.

I can provide more info if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith View Post
        This thread contains some fine examples:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7542

Did anyone else have trouble with the pics of Bob D's project. I get diverted to a screen that says that my attempt 'may' have been seen as spam by the filter. WTH, it was the software's link!
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Yeah, Ironhat, I get the same message. It's a vBulletin message panel, so it's something that I think Josh can fix.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I received the same message myself
            Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

Comment

You can get around it by not opening the post, out to the right of the post is a paper clip and you can click on the paper clip and see all the pics for that post without opening it.

Hope this helps

J.

Comment

What I mean is don't open the thread, right under the rating label on the far right you will see a paper clip, click on it and you will be able to see the attachments.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Okiewoodhog View Post
                  What I mean is don't open the thread, right under the rating label on the far right you will see a paper clip, click on it and you will be able to see the attachments.

J.

Those are not my photos that were in my posts, they are someone elses from further down in the thread. Mine are gone for some reason, but there is in a later post I provided a link to my webpage which has the same photos in it.

You can see all the photos from my outfeed table thread here;

http://home.comcast.net/~sparc/woodworking.htm
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

WOOh!

Sorry about that Bob, I guess thats what I get for assuming.
                    Thanks for the post to your web page, I had been there before and saw your photos, you must have posted your web site in an early post.

Thanks again

Comment

Since I just built one yesterday, here's a few pics. Some of the ideas came from other posters in the earlier outfeed table thread.

I wanted one that moved with the saw, didn't take up too much room, and was cheap. Came to about $60 at Home Depot and took a day to make.

On the left side, a 44" length of 2" angle aluminum was bolted to the cabinet. The holes were already there...just reamed them a little. There's a scrap piece of 3/4" aluminum attached under the melamine coated particle board table to help prevent sagging.

On the right side, a piece of 1.5" angle was bolted to the 2" angle on it's top side, then bolted to the side of the right extension wing. Cast iron drills fairly easily.

I cut away about a 5" deep area for the original riving knife, and to allow for my cutoff sled's miter bar to extend beyond the new table's leading edge.
                      And rounded over all the perimeter...I just know I'm gonna bump into the thing once in awhile, so I don't want sharp edges. The 24" deep table is 1" beyond the fence rail, and allows me to rip a 6ft bd without it falling to the floor at the outfeed end. It's rare that I cut anything longer than that...but a portable roller stand can be positioned out there for longer pieces of stock.

Comment

J - After reading and searching the forums your pics and explanation of how to attach the angle to the right side was helpful. I wasn't really sure about drilling into the side but now I'm ready to do it.

Oh, did you pick up the 2" aluminum angle at HD as well?

Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone know if "HTC HOR-1038U 37-Inch x 31-Inch Table Saw Outfeed Roller Table" could fit our TS3650 table saw?

see below link:
                          http://www.htcproductsinc.com/outrs.html

Comment

Originally posted by MikeGreene View Post
                            J - After reading and searching the forums your pics and explanation of how to attach the angle to the right side was helpful. I wasn't really sure about drilling into the side but now I'm ready to do it.

Oh, did you pick up the 2" aluminum angle at HD as well?

Thanks!
                            Yeah, they carry 1/8" thick by 8ft long for about $30. The 1-1/2" piece I had already from another project, but you can get that there also in shorter lengths.

Comment

I took a different approach and made my outfeed table portable with cabinet underneath for storage of woodworking related items. I used two stationary casters on the table saw side and two locking swivel casters the other side. I thought I might need to have some means of a quick disconnect connection with the table saw but so far with the weight of the cabinet, it has proven to be very stable. Pictures are attached. note the inset in the cabinet for the saw motor.
                              Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X