Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any TP1300LS Ridgid Planer sale coming up at Home Depot?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any TP1300LS Ridgid Planer sale coming up at Home Depot?

Just curious if anyone know of any upcoming in-store sales of the TP1300LS Ridgid Planer at Home Depot?

I'm not sure if I just missed one recently.

Regards,

Re: Any TP1300LS Ridgid Planer sale coming up at Home Depot?

I don't know about any specific sales, but you can usually get 10% off just for asking the right manager. Never hurts to try...Steve

Comment

Thanks for the tip Steve!

Comment

Dieselgg,

The TP1300 has been replaced with the R4330 I believe. The latter is a 3-blade design. Most HD's should have the R4330 by now (it hit my store late last summer/early fall and by now, you may have difficulty finding a TP1300. I know that my store is out (I bought the last one several months ago.

CWS

Comment

You are right. I just called a few stores and they only carry the R4330 model. Much improved model - 3 blades, clamp down to eliminate snipe ,no stand.

The manager at one location told me that if I call after Feb 1, he can give it to me for 10% off.

Comment

IIRC from reading here. The 1300 and 4330 have the same SKU, diferrent model, but with the same SKU, which would make it nearly impossible to discount the 1300 vs the 4330, because to the computer it looks the same...

Comment

Bought mine the other day not realizing it was a newer model then I looked up. I asked why is it advertised with legs and the box shows no legs. The sticker on the shelf indicated the old model still. When rung up at the register it came out $20.00 more then the old model. So they gave me 20 bucks off... not much but it is something. Have not used it yet as I am still setting up shop.

I also bought the 3650 table saw and the JP0610 jointer. Asked if they could give me any discounts and the manager said no. So it costs me about 1500 bucks for everything I purchased. I paid cash... you would think they would extend some courtousy but nope.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Welcome to forum and I hope you enjoy your new purchases. There is lots of great information and advice here, so please don't hesitate to jump in.

It appears that we're both in the same "neck of the woods". I'm presently over in Painted Post (near Corning) and hopefully by spring will be in Binghamton. I've must agree that I haven't been impressed with Home Depot's willingness to give much in the way of discounts for either big money purchases or cash. Hopefully there are other sources, even if you have to trip up to Syracuse. (I understand there's a Woodcraft dealer there, but not sure.)

Again, welcome to the forum,

CWS

Comment

Thanks for the welcome... I dint know there was a woodcraft dealer in Syracuse, I will have to look that up... I hope so =) and I will let you know if I find one.

Comment

I'm happy with the R330 model. Works fine on my workbench and therefore moves out of the way easily. I like it a lot, although I thought the legs would have been cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X