Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will dust collector fit older Model TP1300?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will dust collector fit older Model TP1300?

I'd like to use a dust collector on my TP1300 that I purchased quite a few years ago and haven't used in a long time. I was surprised that the Model number hasn't changed since then. Or to phrase it another way, will the dust collector fit all editions of the TP1300?

Also, what should I expect to pay for a unit?

Another question: Is it true that the blades are designed so that it isn't feasible to sharpen them...just buy new blades?

Re: Will dust collector fit older Model TP1300?

All actual dust collectors can be adapted to fit the Ridgid planers or any planer for that matter. I wouldn't recommend that you try and use a shop vac as a dust collector for your planer as they just don't move enough air to be that effective with tools such as planers and jointers. The Harbor Freight 2HP Dust Collector will run you under $200 so that might be a good one to look at. HF also has a couple of smaller units in the $100 price range but those can only be hooked up to one machine at a time.

Yes, the blades on the TP1300 are disposable and can't be resharpened. They are reversable though so when one side dulls you can just flip the blades for a new edge.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for the reply BadgerDave,

I should state my question more clearly regarding the dust collector.

My planer did not come with the dust collector attachment that enables you to connect a vacuum hose to the planer. Since I have an older model, I'm not sure if currently available attachments will fit.

Comment

Harry, if you know the part number of the attachment, go to this site and see if they have it available.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
        X