Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 runout a problem?

Greetings from a new board watcher,
    I am planning on purchasing a table saw for my daughter and son-in-law and am interested in the TS3650. However, I am more of a machinist than a woodworker (hopefully they will meet my woodworking needs!?!) and am a bit concerned from reading earlier posts about the 0.010" runout. Is that measured at the edge of a 10" blade, or where? Does the outer edge of the blade move left to right, or up and down? Some saws advertise basically zero runout.

Is the runout a problem when doing careful work? If I had that runout on my Bridgeport milling machine I would have a real problem!

Thanks for any input on this matter.

grey44ghost,
    Thanks for the reply and information - just what I was looking for. I just returned from buying a TS3650 - boy, the big box sure is heavy!

Comment

Weight of tools is the only thing I don't like about getting new ones.

Always calling my brother in law up " can you help me get X down the stairs ". I think he kinda likes it though. He wants to learn carpentry some day, so I guess he's waiting for me to be his guinea pig so I can learn and mentaur him some day.

Jaker

Comment

Tractorman,
        There are 3 tips I got from this forum about 3650 assembly:
        1. Don't put the handwheels on until after you have stood the saw right side up.

2. The front rail takes 5 bolts, not 4 as per the instructions (that's why there are 9 bolts in the kit).

3. The 3 nuts and bolts that are left over are for attaching an aux fence (buried way back in the manual).

Now quit playing with your computer and go put your new saw together! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Everyone who replied - Thanks Much for your help! We are hauling it to NC to our daughter and son-in-law's home for a Christmas present, so I guess I'll get to know my son-in-law pretty well by the time this sucker's together and working! I have printed out the suggested modifications in the assembly process - much appreciated!
          May all have a Happy Holiday season!!
          Tractorman

Comment

Working...
          X