X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adjust TS3650 Fence 90 to table

New to posting, been reading for the last 5 months. Finally bought the saw. You guys give great info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just picked up a 3650. I think i read thru all the assembly tips. My blade is parallel to the blade/miter slot following the manual. However when I put my machinist square next to the fence the top is leaning to the left by a 1/32 or more. The manual only covers parallel to the blade. How does one square up the fence vertically (90 to table)?

thanks

Jer
    Canton, Ohio

Re: How to adjust TS3650 Fence 90 to table

It sounds to me like your rail system is higher at one end than it is at the other. Check your rails to make sure they are dead on level.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      It sounds to me like your rail system is higher at one end than it is at the other. Check your rails to make sure they are dead on level.
      Dave, I had the same problem the OP asks about with my 3650 when I put it together 4 years ago. I loosened the screws that hold the fence to the t=square head and shimmed under one side with two thicknesses of paper to square it to the table top.

It's been fine ever since. I thought it was the fence alignment (height to table top) but that proved to be good when I checked it.

jlangfitt, you should still check the rails as Dave says but if they are good then try my solution.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

thanks for the speedy response. I had thought about the rails but the 1/32 off at the top of the fence happens consistantly from one side to the other. If it was the rails I would assume it would get worse towards one side or the other. I'll give'em a thorough check over tho.

Thanks for the possible confirmation BobD, thats what I thought it might need but wanted to get consensus before I acted.

I'll check the rails and then shim up one side with the thin shims i have left over.

thanks again guys. I can't wait to turn the power on.

Jer

Comment

Working...
        X