X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone used

has anyone used that porter cable hand held power oscillating drum sander? if so how well does it work? is it worth the money or is one better off spending the money on a bench top?
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Ed,

Though I can honestly say I have not used the PC hand held unit, from experience I can only say I Would Not want to do most spindle sanding operations with the unit unmounted. I think that is why several companies make mounting plates for it. By the time you invest in a table and mounting plate, your past the Ridgid's EB4424 price. I'm sure there are special circumstances when it would be useful though.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I think the trick is, if you are planning a router table, to get the insert plate size that matchs the one the make for the PC---thus interchangeable. I considered it for a long time---price and poorly design shape (for ease of gripping) were on the downside, but as UO said, for items too large for a table mount one, the PC is ideal.
      Dave

Comment

I have the PC sander mounted on a plexiglass table insert like my router that drop into my router table.

I have yet to use the sander in the portable hand held position.

After a visit this weekend to Home Depot I saw Ryobi make a bench top spindle sander for $99.00. I wished I would have waited and seen this when I was purchasing my PC spindle sander and plexiglass plate,it would have saved me a $175.00 which I could have applied to something else I need.

I'm not knocking PC tools I think they are very good, its the cost of the sander and the little use I get out of it that I am disapointed in.

Scott

Comment

Rockler has a router table insert that fits the PC sander.

Comment

Working...
          X