TS3650 Miter Gauge Problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Miter Gauge Problem?

Have any of you had problems with your miter gauge? I am so mad because I just purchased a new TS3650 about a week ago and I was recently doing some cross cuts with my miter gauge and it left 3 or 4 significant scratches deep into my table and plate after I ran it across the table. They are deep enough that you can feel them with your finger and the scratches on the plate went all the way through the paint and into the metal. I would think that the finish of the gauge should be better as to not damage your table.

Re: TS3650 Miter Gauge Problem?

It's a reality that the stock miter gauge on most table saws is junk... I'm sure the upper tier PMs and Unisaws are awesome, but the general population of TS's have barely acceptable miter gauges.

Look out for sales and upgrade asap.

Comment

Re: TS3650 Miter Gauge Problem?

It surprised me that the plate was able to scratch the table. The plate on mine is aluminum which is much softer than the cast iron. I did have to dress mine up with a sanding block to get the rough edges off of it. (I then stuck a layer of plastic packing tape across it and haven't had a problem with it in the last 2 years). The"scratches" in the table top may in fact be aluminum transferred from the plate. If so, they will clean off with an abrasive mat. I had forgotten about this until I saw your post.

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
      X