X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... That's odd.

As I was moving my 2424 out of the way after cutting, a small object fell onto the floor from underneath the saw. It was a stopscrew similar to the ones used in the table for the 90 deg and 45 deg stops. I haven't used the saw since as I am unable to figure out where this screw came from. I been though the manual but I must be missing something? Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -kbarber
    \"I have not failed. I\'ve just found 10,000 ways that won\'t work.\"<br />-Thomas Alva Edison

I just looked though the manual again and it appears that the same type screws are used to attach the motor pullys. I adjusted the arbor pully last month. Perhaps I didn't put my back into it. I'm going home during lunch to check it.
    -kbarber
    \"I have not failed. I\'ve just found 10,000 ways that won\'t work.\"<br />-Thomas Alva Edison

Comment

Well, the pullys are firmly attached. Any ideas on where this came from?
      Thanks,
      -kbarber

Comment

Kbarber1

Could it have come from your mitre gauge. If memory serves, it uses some type of set screws for the angle stops. I also seem to remember a set screw for both the elevation and angle wheels.

Good Luck,
        Wood Dog

Comment

miter gauge hanging from the front of the saw in the clips. is the screw black or silver? maybe a screw from the "on-off" switch hanging from the t-slot or a screw from the t-slot holding on the front or rear fence assembly. or maybe screw that holds the adjusting handles on. just thinkin out loud.
          Godspeed and wear those safety glasses...

Comment

There are only six set screws on that machine:

One in each pulley
            One for each bevel stop
            Two very small screws for the micro-adjust.

So if all those screws are in place, I'm not really sure where that screw came from.

Jake

Comment

Thanks Jake,
              All six screws are accounted for on the saw. Now I'm really confused (and scared!). I have no idea where this came from. Maybe a leftover from assembly that I dropped into the saw that is just now falling out? Gremlin's? Well, I'll keep sawing until something falls off.
              Thanks,
              -kbarber

Comment

Found it! It's the set screw that attaches the blade guard to the trunnion at the rear of the saw.
                whew!
                -kbarber

Comment

Ooops I forgot about that one.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                  X