Router scribing jig?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router scribing jig?

Hi everyone, I saw this router scribing jig in the latest Eagle America catalogue, and thought it was pretty neat.

http://eagleamerica.com/product.asp?pn=400-1245

My question is, I only need to scribe one piece of trim along the vertical-edge of a tall cabinet (the wall is uneven). I was planning on doing the scribing the old-fashioned way with a compass, jigsaw and sander, but the piece will be about 7 feet long, and figured this might be a better/more accurate way to do the scribing- with the router base following the uneven wall cutting the piece right there, instead of the compass and jigsaw method.

My question is, have any of you made up a jig like the one in the catalogue? I guess it's the Yankee ingenuity taking over here, rather than spend $80 for a jig I'll probably use once, I'd rather make it myself, or stick to the old tried-and-true method of scribing.

Thanks for your help!
    -Chris

Re: Router scribing jig?

If I read the description correctly, the jig is for a laminate trimmer, not a router. (different) Do you have one? Second, there will still be some hand work near the top and bottom. For a one time job, I would stick to the old way.

Comment

Working...
    X