Recon TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon TS3650

I am a hobbyist woodworker that is used to using circular saws to get the job done. After building a workbench and cabinets for the garage with a circular saw, straight edge and a router I purchased last year, I finally decided on getting a table-saw. I researched the Rigid TS3650 and I knew that was what I wanted to get but couldn't justify (in my mind) the purchase. So I was waiting patiently for a Lowe's, Menard/s or HD Coupon for 10% so that I could go to HD and cash in on the saw (I can't purchase anything full price). Last night I lucked out!
    A friend from work called and said that the Home Depot by his house has a RECON TS3650 on display for $379 (including a one year warranty). That was enough for me to get over there before work today and check it out for myself. It was too good to pass up! I asked them if I paid for it if they could hold it until Saturday (it wouldn't fit in my little Honda) After paying for it, the guy at the service desk asked if I wanted the floor model or one in a box? He said he had 5 RECONS in boxes in stock!
    I personally think I scored! Minus the gift-cards I had from Xmas it was only $220 out of my pocket! ($410 total with tax). I can't wait to pick it up Saturday.
    Anyone out there who is like me that doesn't want to spend $250-300 on a cheapy table-saw, but can't justify the $600 purchase, I would inquire about a RECON at your local store.

The part number on the displaytag (going from memory) was :
    TXTS3650
    the SKU is (on receipt)
    218-164

I have an idea for a trick out-feed table for the first project and I will post pics when I get it completed.

t

Re: Recon TS3650

Nice gloat on that recon saw. Welcome to the group and I for one will be looking forward to those pics of that outfeed table.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Congrats t, you got a great deal on a great saw.
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Nice gloat on that recon saw. Welcome to the group and I for one will be looking forward to those pics of that outfeed table.
        Thanks.

I am not sure if my sole intention was to gloat , but rather inform others that the Recon's are out there at a great deal!

t

Comment

Originally posted by KenM View Post
          Congrats t, you got a great deal on a great saw.
          Thanks Ken! My wife can never understand why I wait sometimes. She has been asking me since Christmas (where I accumulated a few gift cards) how come you didn't buy the saw yet? She'll learn one day!

t

Comment

Originally posted by pneufab View Post
            I am not sure if my sole intention was to gloat , but rather inform others that the Recon's are out there at a great deal!
            Hope you didn't take that the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with throwing out a gloat here and there. Once you've been hanging out here for awhile you'll notice quite a bit of gloating going on. If you receive a big You Suck or two in response to a gloat then you know you really scored a great deal.

Comment

You Suck

Just kidding! Great score. Can't wait to see some project pics!
              Last edited by VASandy; 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Hope you didn't take that the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with throwing out a gloat here and there. ....
                Oh not at all!
                We will call it a 50/50 information / gloat

Now if I go there to pick it up tomorrow and they have a new one in the box in place of the reconditioned unit that I paid for, then I am going to be on here gloating!

t

Comment

I got a cummings tool flyer the other day they are comimg to my nearest town next week and list the recond in the flyer for 396.47..I'm semi thinking on it.
                  How big is the box or boxes it comes in ..O'll have to ship it overseas eventually if I get it.Thanks
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by threecreeks3 View Post
                    I got a cummings tool flyer the other day they are comimg to my nearest town next week and list the recond in the flyer for 396.47..I'm semi thinking on it.
                    How big is the box or boxes it comes in ..O'll have to ship it overseas eventually if I get it.Thanks
                    Sam
                    I haven't seen any table saws at the cummins tool sales around here. Most of the Ridgid tools were the hand held power tool variety. They may not have any of the heavier tools.

Go
                    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                      I haven't seen any table saws at the cummins tool sales around here. Most of the Ridgid tools were the hand held power tool variety. They may not have any of the heavier tools.

Go
                      Well I haven't seen it yet but probably will tomorrow if they actually have it as advertised.When they are here they usualy have a few of the chinese made metal lathes and milling machines and always a bunch of big compressors....they aren't on my favorite places to buy list anyway.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by threecreeks3 View Post
                        Sam
                        The box mine came in was everything in one (not a separate box for the fence) and everything was loosely packed in it with packing paper only.
                        If I have to guess the box was 6' long,30" wide and 12" deep (it wasn't much of a box, it was a 2 piece box where the lid just fits loosely over the bottom, not sealed)

When we lifted it to put it in the truck, the bottom almost fell out. I ended up unloading the individual pieces by hand. My suggestion, if you want to ship it, get a different box!

I didn't get a chance to mess with it this weekend, but It was as expected (some scratched paint a little saw dust on the lead screw etc.) I will keep you all posted as I assemble and adjust it.

t

Comment

Well I went to the sale today and they had 1 boxed on the display floor.It looked like the box had been around the horn on a sailing ship.I asked if they had any more in a better box and they said thats the only 1.I wasn't terrible disappointed as a box that big wont fit on a normal pallet and thats my box size limit.The way I ship stuff the weight really dont matter as the limit on a 24x24x18'' box is 150lbs with 1 company the other companies dont care what it weighs as they charge by cube but all must fit easily on a normal sized pallet..oh well.
                          Thanks for measuring your box guy...this was in 1 box too
                          Sam

Comment

Are the recons returned 3650's repackaged for sale or new units with scratches or minor defects? I see them on the HD website occasionally.

Comment

For the most part I think they're mostly returned saws.

Comment

Working...
                              X