X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture frame

My friend that did the welding for me on the JP mobile base stopped by the other day with a 14' rough sawn cherry board. He wants me to make a picture frame for a 16" x 20" picture of his daughter in her uniform for some school function. It's a once in a lifetime thing for her.

I've never given picture frames a thought, I just didn't take interest in them. But now I'm faced with making one, and I want to make it extra special. Any web sites anyone can direct me to dealing with picture frames would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Woody, there is a guy in Canada, Andrew London, who is very helpful on various boards, who gave up a perfectly good career in banking to do woodworking, especially framing. Although it isn't a tutorial, his site may have good ideas. see www.picframer.ca

He references a site about making picture frame moldings - www.1-800-twc-4tools.com/page4b.htm

Picture frames seem easy, but every time I have made them (particularly making the moldings), it takes so long that I wish I had just bought the moldings. So maybe a big piece of cherry is just a fair trade for some purchased moldings that you lovingly assemble.

Comment

Working...
    X