X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big time Craigslist steal!!

Not gloating but you will not believe the deal I got last night off Craigslist. I normally check the tools area for bargains several times a day well yesterday about 5pm I checked and there it was "For Sale Ridgid table saw $100"...when the picture popped up I couldn't believe it looked new out of the box except for some rust on table and missing blade guard. I called and told him I would take it and picked it up 30 minutes later. It is mint condition. Damn I'm still giddy this morning. Now I have a like new Hitache to sell..but will have a hard time parting with it as it has been a super saw. Picked it and a 14" Delta band saw like new for $500 at a pawn shop.

Re: Big time Craigslist steal!!

Nice find!!That definately deserves a big YOU SUCK.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

WOW That has to be a 3650 also. Great score!

Comment

Yes it was a 3650 and today I was at Lowes and scored on a Biesemeyer fence for $80, Installed it today and it is awesome...

Comment

Yeah Tex,
          Definitely -- You Suck --

Nice score by the way,

Color me GREEN.
          Jim Don

Comment

Is this saw real HOT to the touch?

Comment

I was in such a hurry to get it loaded before he changed his mind I didn't ask why he was selling it. Having a little problem getting the rust off any good ideas anyone?

Comment

Tex,
                Hit the hardware stores, get yourself a spray can of Kroil (or you might have to order it off the Internet, KANO Labs.) Spray some Kroil on the rust. Let it sit a day or so. Should be able to wipe it away then. Kroil will each right through the rust and basically break the chemical bond with the metal. Use a real light touch and some fine steel wool pads when you go to wipe it off. Good luck.
                Jim Don

Comment

Thanks JimDon I'll give it a try

Comment

Congrats, Texan... YOU SUCK!!!
                    Just kiddin. That's a hell of a deal, even if it has some rust. Once you get all that off, hit the top with a good coat of Johnson's Paste Wax. Use the paste wax, or you'll get fisheyes in the wood when you go to stain it from silicone in the wax. I hope that saw works out great!
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Craigslist is a good source, if you know what you are looking for.

Last week I saw a DeWalt DW733 Planer and spare set of knives advertised for $175. I did some research and downloaded the manual from the web. When I went to look at it, my offer of $165 was accepted. It was in very good shape but hard to elevate/lower the cutter head.

Brought it home, cleaned it, polished the four posts and lubricated them and the elevation screws with paraffin, paste wax on the table and extensions.

I now have a new looking and excellent operating 13 1/2" planer.

I am now making an adapter to connect my DC to the planer chip chute.

Comment

i didnt know you could put a biessmeyer fence on a t3650. i didnt even know you could buy one for $80.
                        thought that $150 was the entry level price
                        there is a fine line between woodworker and tool collector....

Comment

Lowes carried the Beisemeyer fence for there Delta saws but discontinued them and are clearancing them for $80. Several here have bought them and I got lucky and found one at my local Lowes. No problem mounting it on the TS3650 just have to drill the holes in cast iron table. measure twice and drill once..the kit also came with a table extension and legs..

Comment

Working...
                          X