Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring sticks

Good day

Measuring sticks are not a new idea but usually, the distance that you can measure is as small as the half (or one stick) length and I wanted to measure with the same sticks even smaller distances than "one stick length".

The sticks that I made are 28" long each and I can measure with them distances as small as 8" up to 52" (I mean, inside distance of a box or cabinet)

I also wanted to be able to measure the outside distance of a cabinet....

Do you know why usually, when we are thinking about a problem, we tilt our head to the left or right ?...
    ...to concentrate all the IQ in one place

So, I tilted my head to the left and what I came with is....on the pictures...

Regards
    niki

Last edited by niki; 01-27-2008, 12:49 PM.

Re: Measuring sticks

Comment

HOLY COW! I think you just published a book. I'm not a wood guy by any means but I think even I could follow those instructions. Good job.

Funny story about using measuring sticks:
      My friend uses measuring sticks of different lengths while cutting wood (trees). Each mill/buyer calls for an exact measure with a VERY narrow + or - window.
      One day he cut a 4 cord load of 44" and brought it to the buyer only to be turned away. It turns out he used his 48" stick instead of the 44" and at the time no buyers needed 48" so he couldn't just bring the load to another location. So he ended up offloading the entire load and cut 4" off each log. The poor guy will never end up living that one down
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thank you so much Gene

WOW, sorry to here about your friend....I belive that from that day he is triple checking which stick he is using...

Regards
        niki

Comment

Working...
        X