X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find HPL

Looking for a source for High Pressure Laminate or similar. All the stores around me need several weeks to order it in, and require much larger orders than what I need. I only need a couple square feet or so. Even if I ended up with an 8' long section it would be fine as I am sure I could use the leftover somewhere eventually. Does anyone know of any good online resources that I may be able to order from? So far my search has come up empty.
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Re: Where to find HPL

Have you tried any of the custom cabinet shops in your area?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Closest one is about 90 miles away and over the phone they didn't have any better options than the ones closer to me. There is a large town about 140 miles East of me, but not really high on my list for a fun journey this time of the year. (Plus the wife will likely want to go which means more shopping and $$$$) Plus most are not open on the weekends, which means a day off work will be required.

There are several houses being built around me, but so far they are all using Corian, granite, LG or similar tops, so no scraps to be had there. If no other suggestions, I suppose I will have to break down and take a day off work and make the long journey to the "big city" and see what I can find there. Oh well, such are the pit falls of living in the boonies.

Comment

Scraps?.......what size pieces are you looking for? In smaller sizes I can get you all kinds of stuff.

Comment

4' x 4' would cover all that I need. I would need to go take some measurements to remember what I need for each piece.

Comment

Originally posted by LONGHAIR View Post
            Scraps?.......what size pieces are you looking for? In smaller sizes I can get you all kinds of stuff.
            Hello,
            I live in Columbus, could I get some scraps from you? Depending on size/material maybe we could work out a deal that's good for both of us. I moved here from Brooklyn in 2003 and since then haven't found a good source for good Baltic Birch ply

I'd like to try some HPL for building speaker cabinets.

Regards,

Christopher

Comment

Working...
            X