X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid MS1290LZA Review

I love ridgid tools as they have always performed well for me and have been very dependable. I recently sold my Ridgid 12" compound miter saw to upgrade to the Ridgid 12" slider. After visiting this forum and hearing the many complaints about this saw not cutting straight I was a little hesitant about purchasing it.

A wise man once told me (my Dad), "believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear". That is good advice for this saw. I got the MS1290LZA and could not be happier with it. I meticulously checked everything and I didn't even have to adjust a fence. Now that is rare, but I went through their instruction book twice and double checked everything.

It was off to cutting wood. I spent a good hour cutting as much wood as I could possibly feed this saw. Anything from a 2X4 to left over Brazillian Teak 3/4" prefinished flooring I have left over from the last house I built. The cuts were square and the bevels were money. After enough complaints from my wife I finally stopped this madness and decided to keep the saw.

I know some of you will say, "I got lucky and the majority of these saws don't cut straight". If you know what you are doing though or can follow direction you can check this saw and decide for yourself. Big Orange will take if back before 90 days if you don't like it.

You can't beat the deal right now $499. They also still had in stock one of last years portable miter tables for $99. Plus I got 10% off my total purchase. Out the door for just over $570.00. Can't beat that.
Working...
X