Bosch for Rigid TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch for Rigid TS

Hello, First post here. Great forum. I have been reading for awhile. I tried a search and did not find quite what I was looking for. I currently have a Bosch 4000-09 contractor saw. It has been a great saw thus far, other than issues with the fence. I have been remodeling a house for the last year and I have had the saw in every room inside the house as well as set it up outside many times. I now have a dedicated shop (although a small one). I will be building some built-ins as well as some cabinets and lots of shelving. I am thinking that the 36 in. rip capacity of the 3650 would be great to have. I have the Bosch set up in the shop right now in front of a large outfeed table. The other issue I have with the Bosch is it is not real stable cutting sheet goods. Those tires and the gravity rise stand are great for portability but don't lend themselves well to stability. I think I have a good grasp of the pro's and con's of both saws. I am able to sell the Bosch saw and not loose too much. My thought is to buy a 3650. Does anyone have an opinion as to any other pro's other than the wider rip capacity and hopefully more stability with the Rigid? I hope to have a larger shop down the road and will at that time upgrade to a 3HP cabinet saw. I have looked at some hybrids as well. I like the price of the Rigid as I would be able to pick up some other tools as well (Rigid Joiner being one).
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Bosch for Rigid TS

I looked at the Bosch when I was deciding on a saw and went with the 3650. It came down to the wider rip capacity, Herc-u-lift base, FULL cast iron top (good luck finding that on just about any saw in this price range), beefy rip fence, and all the good reviews it gets. I also felt I didnt need a portable saw as I would only use it in the shop.

If you plan to upgrade to 3 hp someday have you considering holding onto the bosch a little longer. The 3650 is to good to be a place holder IMO.

Comment

I went for the Ridgid 3650 mainly because of the fence and rip capacity. It's a beefier saw than most others in it's price range. The fence is really nice. It locks straight, and is easy to align (relatively...none of them are simple). I also like the splitter arrangement. The fact that I can remove it simply and it'll stay in line when I replace it is a great benefit. It means I actually use the splitter and guard whenever possible. For the price, it's a great setup. Even the herculift is a great thing. You'll want to replace the blade that comes with it, however. There's a number of good choices for blades, and HD does carry the Freud line.

The Ridgid jointer is also a great machine. I use mine very often. You'll want a good dust/chip collector with the jointer. It has a 4" dust hookup, so it's set up for the larger cyclone machines. The cyclone DC's are available at many places, and even HD will put them on sale at times.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have someone who wants to buy the Bosch saw off me so I am all but convinced that the 3650 is the way I should go. Does any know what the assembled table height of the 3650 is? Thanks again.

Comment

Mines approx. 37 1/4"

Comment

Thanks, none of the Home Depot's I have been to have a display model to measure and I had not been able to find out for sure. Just wanted to make sure the 3650 will work with my out feed table without to much modification.

Comment

Originally posted by elbacker View Post
              Thanks, none of the Home Depot's I have been to have a display model to measure and I had not been able to find out for sure. Just wanted to make sure the 3650 will work with my out feed table without to much modification.
              Keep in mind that there is a new model out, the 3660. So be sure and check model numbers before you buy. If they try to give you two boxes it is a 3650, the 3660 comes in one box and weighs 323 lbs.
              sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Does any know what the assembled table height of the 3650 is? Thanks again.

Mine sits at 36 3/8" as I seem to recall. Keep in mind that the TS3650 has adjustable feet on the bottom of the legs, so each one can be different height depending on what it takes to get the saw level in each owners workshop.
                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I did not realize that the 3650 had adjustable legs. So it sounds like my concerns about the height should be a non-issue. I sold my Bosch saw today so off I went to pick up the 3650. None of the Depot's in my area had the 3660 or so they said so I just went with the 3650. Now it is time to unbox that bad boy and get er' set up. Thanks again for the replies and for the great forum.

Comment

I did not realize that the 3650 had adjustable legs.
                    No, it's got adjustable feet. The range of adjustment is probably two inches at the most.

mdaskalos

Comment

Working...
                    X