Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid 2930 Router with Bosch Router Table?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 2930 Router with Bosch Router Table?

Does anybody know if the Bosch RA 1181 Router Table will accept the Ridgid 2930 Router? If so, do you have any "lessons learned" you might share from integrating the Ridgid router with the Bosch table?

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Ridgid 2930 Router with Bosch Router Table?

I have the RA1171 which isn't exactly the same but the Router mounting plate appears to be the same. On mine I had to drill a hole so the Ridgid adjustment allen wrench could work no big deal just measure twice and drill once. I bought it cause of the heavy alum plate and the fully enclosed cabinet which I see the 1181 does not have. the fence adjustment is awkward but works and the mounting for the featherboards is not the best design but again functional. dust collection appears to be adequate altho I have only used it several times. The MDF construction is top notch really fits together good and very stable. One problem I encountered is with the shims to make the outfeed fence line up with the infeed. you get two 1/16" shims well I needed 1/32" to line it up so I pulled one off and planned 1/32" off and problem solved for me but without a planner it might be a bigger problem. All things considered I am satisfied. I gave $159 at Lowes.

Comment

I also have the inclosed cabnet type. And I agree that the fence could be a little better but workable. I found that the rubber trim around the top protruded above the surface. I took a small trim plane and went around it a few times to get it under the suface of the table top. The whole cabnet is heavy enough and good and sturdy. Picked it up at Lowes. Not too sure if the Ridgid will fit because I use the Bosch router. Sorry this didn't answer your question.

Comment

Thank you both very much; I find your comments very helpful!
        -Chris

Comment

Hopeport,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with the Bosch. I looked at a few "tables" and ended up buying the Rockler and building my own "knock-down" leg set for it. Once extend the garage, I'll build a more permanent base.

Point is, the table top package offered by Rockler (www.rockler.com), was a good choice for my purposes, and my R2900 works very well with it (if you want, I can post the mounting plate number, etc.) I did have to drill the hole for access by the "above table" T-wrench.

There are some excellent accessories for the table, including shims, feather boards, etc., etc..

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Good luck on your table set up,

CWS

Comment

Thank you CWS for you welcome and for your wisdom. I anticipate needing much of the latter in the days and years to come! Now I must divulge the rest of the story. I returned the R2900 (had not used it yet) and replaced it with the Bosch 1617. I really like my Ridgid table & mitre saws, shop vac, sander and grinder, and that led me to the Ridgid router... but considering the various features, I preferred the Bosch; just couldn't find it at HD. Oh well; Lowe's won this one. [I won't mention that the half-inch collet chuck on the Bosch was jammed and unusable--Bosch is sending a replacement right away.] One nice feature of the Bosch set-up is the under-table mount which allows a quick-release of the router motor which can then be popped into the fixed or plunge base.
            Thanks again; I am delighted to find this forum!
            -Chris

Comment

Chris,

Understand about the switch to Bosch. One thing that I've learned is that there are rarely wrong choices, just go with what "speaks to you" and never hesitate to return a product that just doesn't meet your expectations for any reason. In the long run, your choice will most likely be comfortable for your use.

This forum is my favorite. There are a number of friendly and highly experienced people here and I know I've learned a lot from them. Don't hesitate to jump in with your questions and also to share your experiences too.

Kindest regards,

CWS

Comment

Working...
              X