TS3650 ever go on sale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 ever go on sale?

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen the TS3650 go on a rediculous sale like the TS2400LS that went for $299 this past black friday...

i need it by the end of april so i'm not in a particular hurry, but i got a 15% off coupon and a store credit card for $500 that i bought for $450 (extra 10% off)...again, i'm not waiting til black friday no matter what anyways...

the reason i'm asking is i'm wondering if i should just buy it now with the 15% off that i got...or wait to see if it goes on sale in the next several months that would be better then my 15% coupon...

i'm guessing they won't let me use my 15% coupon if it's already on sale...right????

whats the lowest anyone has seen the TS3650 go for?

Re: TS3650 ever go on sale?

Mine was the full throttle $549. I got %10 off on a mailer they sent me.

By the way, you might consider having the store assemble if they will and pay the price. Its worth it. Bring your reference square and see if they can get the wings on flush and get the Herc-U-lift to engage properly. Its a fine saw save for the headaches in getting the thing put together right.
    Last edited by weatherjeff; 02-03-2008, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by weatherjeff View Post
      Mine was the full throttle $549. I got %10 off on a mailer they sent me.

By the way, you might consider having the store assemble if they will and pay the price. Its worth it. Bring your reference square and see if they can get the wings on flush and get the Herc-U-lift to engage properly. Its a fine saw save for the headaches in getting the thing put together right.
      hmmm...i'll have to think about it...i'd like to think of it as 6 hours of enjoyment for my dad and i putting her together though

yeah i've been thinking that since the TS3650 is ridgid's bread and butter table saw, it's probably going to be on sale that much...

anyone else got it for less then just the 10% off?

Comment

I am in the same situation. I have some gift cards and have been waiting patiently for some sort of sale. All I have gotten is the no interest financing for 12 months on purchases over $299. Where did you get the 15% coupon? I am in upstate NY and we haven't seen a coupon like that since before Christmas. I don't think I have ever seen the saw itself go on sale, but a 20% coupon would be really nice!

Comment

When I bought mine it was on sale for $499 and I had a 10% off coupon on top of that.

Comment

I just paid the full $550 for mine. I also had the 10% off and no payments no interest for 12 months deal from Home Depot. I did some figuring and found that if a person truely waits the 12 months to pay it (which if you carry a balance on your card you do as they place your payments on the higher interest balance first) that you actually end up paying considerably more for the saw because the small print states that the finance charges acrue for the entire 12 months. That $50 off is no deal when it comes to those finance charges.

Jeff

Comment

I bought a bunch of tools when HD had their "Power Tool Day Instant Rebate" sale at the end of last March. They have several different rebate levels based on how much you buy, but I don't remember the numbers. In the course of two days, I bought the 3650, Dewalt three-base router kit, Porter-Cable compressor/gun combo, a belt sander, and reciprocating saw....I think I saved over $150 on the whole deal. I did two different transactions to maximize the rebate.

Comment

Originally posted by CFSPAWN View Post
                I am in the same situation. I have some gift cards and have been waiting patiently for some sort of sale. All I have gotten is the no interest financing for 12 months on purchases over $299. Where did you get the 15% coupon? I am in upstate NY and we haven't seen a coupon like that since before Christmas. I don't think I have ever seen the saw itself go on sale, but a 20% coupon would be really nice!
                i'm using a HF 15% coupon, they said they should be able to honor it since i'm not buying ryobi or some small little stuff, and there's a HF brick and mortar store in the same town...

i'm still trying to find a HF 20% coupon, but looks like those will be hard to come by

looks like waiting for it to go on sale might not happen...not only that, but if i wait for it go to on sale for $499, i have a feeling they might not let me use the 15% since it's not a HD 10% coupon (i'm hoping to get one of those in the mail soon too)...

screw it, maybe i should just bite the bullet and pull the trigger...

Comment

After deciding to go with Ridgid 3650 last October I watched the price almost every week. That sucker didn't budge. I was ready to pull the trigger when I broke my ankle Nov 1. That made me watch the price even more since I was now in no hurry. Thanksgiving nothing. Christmas nothing. After Christmas, nope. New Years, no way.

Then I heard of a woodworking show here on the forum that was in Columbus, Ohio. Ridgid was there and they were selling "Factory Refurbished" units for 379.00. That sold me. You didn't get the lifetime warranty, which kind of sucked. If it was exactly or better than new why not the warranty. I decided the 150 plus tax difference was worth it.

Thats the best deal i've seen. If you don't want a refurbished unit or can't find one just get it. It just doesn't go down.

Jer

Comment

WEATHERJEFF....have you thought about what it would be like to move a 287 lb table saw with the 36"rails attached, the motor hanging off the back and the leg set attached? take the saw home in the box, its easier to handle ns and get to know it as you assemble it.
                    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I haven't seen many pieces of equipment that were assembled very well on the HD floor. That being said, I'm not sure I would want to pay the HD employees to assemble my table saw.

Comment

thanks for the heads up jlangfitt...

i think i'm going to wait and see when the 3660 comes out...maybe they might reduce the price on the 3650...

man i wonder when this is going to happen

seems like some people has already seen them in there HD stores...

anyone know how long it takes the rest of the stores to get one once someone sees it in a part of the US? errrrrrrr

Comment

Actually the assembly goes pretty well, particularly if have any mechanical abilities, and if you have someone to assist. I put mine together alone, after reading and re-readig the many helpful hints and instructions on this forum. I also downloaded the on-line manual which was mor ehelpful that the one that came with the saw.
                          It's a great fealing of accomplishment to wrestle that 300 lb hunk of iron and steel, assemble it and make the first cut that is trus and square.

Brer Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by judsond View Post
                            I haven't seen many pieces of equipment that were assembled very well on the HD floor. That being said, I'm not sure I would want to pay the HD employees to assemble my table saw.

I agree. Plus if you assemble yourself you will gain the advantage of knowing more about your new tool regarding any tuning it may require over time.
                            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

It's not hard to move it around (after it's assembled) by yourself in a small car....

I was able to remove the base from the top, remove 8 bolts & nuts and load the two sections into my Prius (luckly I have rubber protectors for the bumpers) and a heavy duty dolly.

Comment

Working...
                              X