Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you purchase with your Tax Refund?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What will you purchase with your Tax Refund?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    go west

i've got work lined up for us and even for your wife

rick.

no snow and no freezing pipes in a t-shirt today

Im really trying.

We will be in Tshirts tomorrow, as they are forcasting 62 degrees tomorrow, and 60 on Weds

I would love to be able NOT to antifreeze the jetter. That is getting old.

But if i do move to Cali, 1st thing im buying is
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I love ASUS and was completely happy with my last board ASUS ps533 Anyways... I figured I would give gigabyte a try. Especially at less than half the price with great reviews. If I had more time to put into tinkering I would have went with Asus again. I am only going to push this setup to probably 3.2 ghz for the clock speed anyways so no need for anything fancy in the bios. Short answer is I am trying to save a little money on a computer that I am not going to be tinkering with as much as my last one.

Josh

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
      Finally got the old Shopsmith resurrected and dedicated to lathe work. The refund this year will go into a 4-jaw chuck for it, and some lathe tools (I've been making my own that are OK, but I'd prefer something a bit longer, and it'd be nice to have some models around so I know I'm making mine right!!).

Josh, that puter setup looks pretty spiffy! Is there a reason you prefer the Gigabyte boards over Asus? I've always been an Asus fan, but my hubby likes the Gigabyte boards. Either way, the quad-core CPU is a great chip. Post some pics of the beast while you're putting it together.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        REFUND???....I haven't seen a refund in 5 years....Uncle Sam doesn't want me but he does want my money

The wife wants new siding by springtime. Looks like a good time to refinance and cash some equity out....again

I had to giggle..last year I finaly got done with all my federal court cases ..fines intrest..etc with the IRS.....man dont pay taxes for 10 years and they get all grumpy .....unlike plumers crack..the IRS did want ME and my $$.....the ONLY tax advice I can give people is DO NOT Fark with the IRS they are no nice people....and like they say "we got what it takes to take what u gotz"......

This year I have student loanS hanging over my head..and hunting me down like Im bin laddes best friend....FYI they should let the student loan people hunt down terrorist...they would have every last one found in under a month....

Even IF the IRS shows some basic level of human kindness....and lets me have my refund...my 2 teenagers and wifee poo will most likely reduce any $$ to the point Ill have to panhandle $$ to get a cup of coffee at 7-11.

Comment

if i am lucky........... some penny candy.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I am building the wife a exerciser room and myself a small woodshop in the basement.
            -Thirsty

Comment

The day I get any manor shape or form of a tax refund is the day that a place we all know for being really hot freezes over. The politicians are more greedy than ever and we have a nasty war over in Iraq to pay for.

Sorry for the rant but Govt spending needs to be controlled and so do the benefits for the humanoid parasites.

Comment

I am going to use my new TS3650 to build a picket fence around part of my yard. This way our two daschunds can have more time to play and pee outside.

Comment

Wood burning stove to offset the price of home heating oil which I predict will be close to four dollars a gallon by Sept. I plan to stock up on powdered milk and some other emergency food in case deliveries get disrupted when gasoiline and diesel go over five dollars a gallon. Plenty of shot gun shells, just in case I don't feel like sharing!

Comment

One fillup on the oil tank here at the house is about all I figure I could get out of the refund (attempt to buy votes).
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      One fillup on the oil tank here at the house is about all I figure I could get out of the refund (attempt to buy votes).
                      I agree that it's a political ploy and probably won't allow one to do much but this is serious. If things keep going downhill there might be disruptions in food deliveries and heating oil. I plan to keep at least a couple months supply of canned and other non-perishable food on hand and I'm getting a wood stove to help heat my house. Just one hurricane in the Gulf and you know gasoline and heating fuel will be over four dollars a gallon and possibly more. We have to plan now! Where I live you use to just fill up your tank at the gas station and then go in and pay, those days are over. Now every station insists you pay in advance because there is too much theft.

Comment

Working...
                      X