X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid 12" sliding compound miter saw

Hi. I am looking into a sliding miter saw and was considering the Bosch and Dewalt. I read about the Rigid and consumer ratings have it five stars. I can only see it at home depot and they have it displayed so you can't make any adjustments at all. Can't get the feel of the slide of now it is to set the degree or tilt the thing. I kind of like its heft. Does anyone know anything about it. I am not thrilled about going to Home Depot, but, you can't see it anywhere else.. Appreciate your help. thanks

Re: rigid 12" sliding compound miter saw

Absolutly must go with Makita slide. Makita makes by far the best saws avaliable. No brainer, I have had purchased one about 10 years ago abused the snot out of it. and finaly the brake went out. Just bought a new one and love it.

Comment

I love my Ridgid Sliding compound miter saw, but if you search, you'll find tons of controversy over whether or not it can cut straight.
      I have the latest version (model number ends in LZ1A)
      I thought for the price, the features and the specs that this unit could not be beat. We'll see how happy I am with it a year from now.

Comment

HD is the exclusive seller for Ridgid power tools so you wont find the saw at any other store. Most folks who own it like it very much but there has been some controversy about the sliding system not cutting straight on some of them. As far as sliders the Makita is probably the best you will find so I would recommend you consider that over the Dewalt. Bosch is also very good too.

Comment

Bosch SCMS!
          4410L or 5412L

Look 'em up. Both are excellent and have features far and away above the Ridgids. They're comparable to the Makita in quality, but have a few features that swayed me to the Bosch and I've been absolutely pleased with my 4410L.

Comment

I bought one of the Rigid saws about two months ago, and I found that it indeed does not cut straight. It tracks about 1/8 of an inch to the right when sliding back. I took it back.

I got the Makita instead and it cuts straight and is an excellent saw.
            Last edited by Toddro; 03-14-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Im not quite sure but the last time I checked my 1290lz slider it was cutting perfect at any stop. to some minor adjustments to get it zeroed in but cuts perfect. i use it for all of my crosscutiing duties and it has never missed a beat in the three years i have owned it. I do use it hard and am very impressed with it. it has a huge cutiing surface which is good for your ten little friends. I shopped all the other saws in this 12 inch class and found that the rigid is a step ahead of the rest.. Makita has sloppy detents the Bosch has an awkward handle and dewalts table is like something I would fillet a fish on. Anyway you wont regret buying the rigid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way an 1/8th of inch off are sure you were reading the framing square right side up!!!!!!!

Comment

Look into the Bosch. I just bought a 4410l.

Comment

Working...
                X