X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw

Well I got my new Ridgid BS14002 and I love it. It is nice and stable right out of the box. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on a different brand. It was easy to put together

Re: Bandsaw

Well... mine wasn't perfect right out of the box, but its easy to fix the problems with this saw. Mine had bad tracking problems and after working with the tires so much that I ruined them, I went to urethane tires and that solved my problems. I have a big, steel frame Grizzly, that I use for resawing and I use the Ridgid for curves. As long as you realize the Ridgid is a light duty saw, you'll have a good relationship with it. It isn't going to be a resaw monster, but it will do most things in the home shop. I like mine and hope to get many years of good service from it.

Comment

Originally posted by weblance View Post
      Well... mine wasn't perfect right out of the box, but its easy to fix the problems with this saw. Mine had bad tracking problems and after working with the tires so much that I ruined them, I went to urethane tires and that solved my problems. I have a big, steel frame Grizzly, that I use for resawing and I use the Ridgid for curves. As long as you realize the Ridgid is a light duty saw, you'll have a good relationship with it. It isn't going to be a resaw monster, but it will do most things in the home shop. I like mine and hope to get many years of good service from it.
      weblance,

Right now it is for home shop use. If it were for profesional use I would have probably looked further.

Comment

There are known issues with this bandsaw, mostly vibration problems, that are caused by flex in the stand or unbalanced wheels. If your saw is smooth, you should be good to go. Maybe Ridgid has started to fix these problems with QC, as your is new. I dont have any vibration issues with mine. I am happy with the saw, It gets occasional use and I feel it is trustworthy. Enjoy yours...bandsaws are a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
        X