X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill press mortising attachment

Anyone know if the Delta mortising attachment kit Model 17-924 will work with a Shop Fox 14" benchtop variable speed drill press? Any help would be appreciated!

Bernie

Go to HD and take a look at the Delta box. It lists the different sizes it will fit.
    I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

No more Delta at BORG, only at Lowe's.

Don't know if the Delta mortising attchment fits the Shop Fox or not. For what it's worth, I'm deciding between the ridgid DP, which the Delta mortising attachment does not fit, and the Delta DP400, which does fit.

I wish I'd saved the money on the mortising attachment and used it for a dedicated mortiser.

Good luck,
      Jack

Comment

According to the Delta catalog, their Mortising Attachment Kits will fit drill presses with quill diameters of 66mm, 50.8mm, 48mm and 38mm. HTH.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Bernie,
          I know you didn't ask for an opinion on this, but I can't help myself! I'd really really recommend that you get a dedicated mortiser rather than one that attaches to a drill press. I tried that way first, but it was a real big pain to keep setting up and tearing down on the drill press.

Paul

Comment

Paul

Took you advice and returned the drill press mortising tool. When the time comes I'll buy a dedicated mortiser. For a little over a $100 more it seemed to me that it would be a much better option. Thanks all for the input.

Bernie

Comment

Working...
            X