Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted TS3650 blade wrenches and guard

Hi,

If you happen to have a spare, I would be very happy to buy them from you.

The TS3650 that I recently bought did not have the blade wrenches nor the blade guards. It was used by a contractor. If you have the blade guard assembly, I'm interested in that also.

Send me a private message.

thanks,

Al

Re: Wanted TS3650 blade wrenches and guard

AlG....sent you a private message...

Zeno
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

You will need to know the opening size(s), but for the blade wrenches, look for what are called TAPPET wrenches. Sears has them in the Craftsman catalog or you can buy name brands such as Armstrong or Proto. In addition Mac, MATCo or Snap-on tool trucks have them but at rip off prices. They are double head open end wrenches about 10 inches long and have thin heads. These will be made from forged and tempered tool steel where the included wrenches are most likely heavy gauge sheet metal and just stamped out.

This will show you what they are on the Craftsman web site.
      http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...rench&sLevel=0

If you are an eBay member you can often find good deals on sets of them.
      You might look up item number: 200198010502 on eBay which is a set of 5 sizes by Craftsman.

These should hold the arbor by the two flats on it. For the nut, you should be able to use a combination (box end & open end) wrench of the correct size for it.
      Last edited by Woussko; 02-07-2008, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for sharing graciously.

I need to replace the blade to give this saw a good test.

What size of tappet wrench is needed to hold the arbor? Also what size is needed for the nut? In another thread, I read someone recommend using a 1 - 1/16" box-end wrench. I thought the Ridgid might use metric, 27mm instead.

I will keep searching the archives.

thanks,

Al
        Last edited by AlG; 02-07-2008, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I actually might have an extra set of wrenches (I am on my second 3650) - will check tonight and let you know.

Comment

1-1/16" is the size of the arbor nut on my 3612. I would guess that the 3650 has the same size nut. I've been using a box end wrench with my saw for years and have found it much easier to use than the original wrench ever was.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If it really does take a 1-1/16" wrench for the arbor that's going to rule out any of the lower cost tappet wrenches. Normally I just jam a block of wood into the blade teeth to hold it and use whatever size box end wrench fits the nut. When you install the new blade don't over tighten the nut. Just a gentle pull of the wrench is all you need. It's designed to sort of self tighten when the table saw is running.

Please Someone that owns a TS3650
              Please take careful measurements of the included wrenches and note if they fit well or are a sloppy fit. This is both for the arbor and the nut. Thanks
              Last edited by Woussko; 02-07-2008, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The arbor is 7/8" and the nut is 1-1/16.

Comment

Working...
                X