New Fliptop Support Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fliptop Support Review

Here is a review of the new fliptop support by Woodworker's Journal.....

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ezine/toolpreview.cfm

rick
    Every project I start is a gamble.

OR,

Nice find. You're a regular search engine!

I've been keeping an eye out for this since Jake mentioned it earlier this month. I still can not find it listed on the Ridgid web site. http://www.ridgid.com/index3.html I've looked under new products, hot items, woodworking accessories, etc.

Jake,

Do you know what the MSRP will be on this item and when it will hit the stores, if not already there. I've just not seen it in any of the local HD's or will this be an online item?

I was about to pick up another roller stand when Jake posted a heads up on several new itmes including this one. I still think I could use one on my bass boat!

Wood Dog

Comment

Dog,

Heres the link...there will be more info coming soon.
      http://www.ridgidwoodworking.com/acc_9933.phtml

The price will be right at $30 and should be hiting the stores any day now.

Jake

Comment

Dog (spoken in the most respectful manner),

Nice find. You're a regular search engine!

please refer to the last comment in my signiture..... I gotta
        Every project I start is a gamble.

Comment

Thanks Jake,

I've been going in through Ridgid.com and not Ridgidwoodworking.com. Getting to the new "woodowrking" products is a little more straight forward going through the latter.

Since this will be at HD I assume it will not be available thru the online store.

Thanks again,

Wood Dog

Comment

OR,

What did we ever do without the net?????

Wood Dog

Comment

Thirty bucks? Cool!

Dave

Comment

Now I get it!!! When Jake posted this new product earlier, I have to admit, I wasn't entirely clear on what the heck it was for. Now I see and I'm glad I haven't bought that roller support I've been eyeing.

Question: I have a workbench that I use as an outfeed table, but it is about 1/4" too high so I have to do some magic to make it work. Could this flip-top stand flip to the height of the workbench rather than the height of the table saw? Does that make sense?

Comment

Green Wood,
                  Have you tried raising the leveling feet of you saw? I built my workbench to be the same height as the TS top so I could use it as an outfeed table. A little tweeking was required as no garage floor is perfectly level. Just make sure that if you are using a Herc-u-Lift that you have enough clearance from the floor when the lift in engaged.

At 30 bones, I'll be picking up a couple of the the new outfeed supports.
                  - Tim

Comment

Is ridgid great or what....keep giving us what we need jake......I have 4 ridgid tools now, getting to get at least 4 more as soon as the rest of the shop is done...most everything is still in the boxes right now...with my condition its slow go but very soon I hope to have everything up and running and the sawdust flying...want to order a gallon of home depot orange to paint one wall so all the tools are color coordinated...wifey is sure I am crazy now...but she says its mine and I can do anything I want with it inside....thanks to all you guys again...I am on this site 4 or 5 times a day and am honestly learning more and more...its great that you guys with the experience and knowledge are so willing to share...makes it easier for beginner me...
                    Goldenwing

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wood Dog:
                      Since this will be at HD I assume it will not be available thru the online store.
                      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though not immediately, it should be available online eventually.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                      X