X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

I'd be concerned that you might damaged your car. Your only issue may be with the main body of the saw. Even thought the wings are separate there is still the main table attached to the body. A bit of measuring will tell if it will fit the trunk. Trying to get it in the back seat might be a problem logisically and asthetically. Too much wrestling it may cause you to tear a seat. Best of luck.
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

When I bought the 3650 I tried getting it home in my accord. No matter which way I flipped the box around it wasnt going to happen. I was a little suprised as I transport big speakers around all the time and they get shipped in large boxes. I got lucky - the guy at home depot offered to deliver it for me for no charge as lives right down the street from me and has a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat View Post
        I'd be concerned that you might damaged your car. Your only issue may be with the main body of the saw. Even thought the wings are separate there is still the main table attached to the body. A bit of measuring will tell if it will fit the trunk. Trying to get it in the back seat might be a problem logisically and asthetically. Too much wrestling it may cause you to tear a seat. Best of luck.
        i'm not sure what you're talking about, have you actually put a 3650 together?

the big part is just the saw itself, off the top of my head it's like two feet high by three feed wide by three feet deep, easily able to fit into a cars trunk, put some padding in there if neccessary and you're good to go...every other piece is separate and easily able to be put in the front seat or back seats or on the floor...

sure they put it together nicely packaged, so it won't be damage when it's being delivered to the store and for storage purposes...

my point is that if it can be safely be taken apart and taken back home in your car? whats so wrong with that?

all you need from the box is the upc anyways...less trash for you to take care of at home...

$19 wouldn't be so bad if thats all it cost to send it to my home 35 miles away and back, i believe you got an hour max or something like that, then it goes up from there...

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
          When I bought the 3650 I tried getting it home in my accord. No matter which way I flipped the box around it wasnt going to happen. I was a little suprised as I transport big speakers around all the time and they get shipped in large boxes. I got lucky - the guy at home depot offered to deliver it for me for no charge as lives right down the street from me and has a truck.
          the box itself will def not be able to fit into any car, unless maybe it's a wagon...but if you break it apart, i'm willing to bet both my balls with anyone else's balls it'd work...

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
            the box itself will def not be able to fit into any car, unless maybe it's a wagon...but if you break it apart, i'm willing to bet both my balls with anyone else's balls it'd work...
            I'd switch to a portable jobsite saw before taking that bet! ...just to be sure!

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
              I'd switch to a portable jobsite saw before taking that bet! ...just to be sure!
              before i got my TS3650, i bought the hitachi C10FR, i DID fit the BOX right in the rear seat of my 02 camry

Comment

The 3650 is a heck of a saw reagardless if you spent full retail or got a deal. Hard to find a better saw at that price. Its a pretty rugged, and well thought out machine.

Comment

Working...
                X