Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

    yesterday i picked up at 3650 on inpulse and sort of regret it now...the reget i have is maybe i should have bought the 3660 instead

    story is there's two HD's that's close to me, one north about 35 mins, and one south about 20 mins...I know the north one has the 3660, but ofcourse it's further so i didn't go that route, and i assumed the south one had it too since they are so close to each other.

    so i borrowed my buds tundra and went south...turns out they didn't have it, and i had to pick up the 3650...he needed his truck back soon and i'd hate to drive all the way back up an hour to get to the north store and back down...

    reason why I purchases on inpulse was because yesterday was the final day for sears 20% coupon over $400 purchase...

    people say there isn't much difference though, so maybe i just need to be glad on my $396 purchase (got an extra 10% off).

    hopefully when i go see the 3660 and notice there's really nothing different, then i'll chill out a lil more. errrrrrrr.

    /rant

  • #2
    Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

    From what I've heard, the 3660 isn't much different. Apparently, the differences are more superficial than anything else. I understand how you feel, but don't worry. The 3650 has been a trusted, well-documented platform for a number of years. It's tried and true status means you have a better idea of how to put it together, and how it will perform.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

      hey thanks VASandy...

      i guess we all know what happens when you @SS-U-ME...errrrr

      what also ticks me off is that before, the HD rep at the north store told me there was no way i was going to be able to unpack the 3650/3660 and put it in my 02 camry...

      i think as long as you have a mid size car or bigger, you could easily store it in your car and drive it home...everything comes apart...just get someone to help you, and i bet if you take off the front seat, it'd even be more of a snap...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

        the difference between the 3650 and 3660 is almost nothing. I think its just the fence is shipped in 2 pieces with the 3660 or something like that. Not sure what the details are I just know its nothing significant at all.

        Enjoy your 3650.

        Josh

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

          If you got a new 3650 for less than $400, you have absolutely no reason to feel remorse!! Its only Feb and you have already got a steal of a deal for this year.

          Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

            Originally posted by Gofor View Post
            If you got a new 3650 for less than $400, you have absolutely no reason to feel remorse!! Its only Feb and you have already got a steal of a deal for this year.

            Go
            i'm a little more chilled out now...thanks for the support guys

            so far putting it together isn't too bad, i got the herculift on and the wings on...will probably do the rest after work today

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

              You could probably sell it for more than what you paid.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                But......... why would he want to?
                ================================================== ====
                ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                  yaw, i think shes gonna be a keeper

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                    Well, seeing that I am a designer, I might offer this up to you. We rarely come out with new machines unless there was something blatantly wrong with previous. The 3650 has a great track record and is probably the best in it's class. So, if there was nothing wrong with it, I see know need to come out with the 3660, since the only improvement could have been a hybrid, which it obvioulsy isn't. The other reason to come out with a new model, cost savings, make it cheaper, a little more flashy, call it a new model, and save the company some money. Not saying that Ridgid did this, I just don't see why they came out with a new model (that doesn't offer anything new) and am a little suspicious. Especially since they aren't openly advertising the benefits of the 3660 and nobody seems to know anything about it, they don't seem to be very proud of it...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                      Originally posted by automobiliben View Post
                      Well, seeing that I am a designer, I might offer this up to you. We rarely come out with new machines unless there was something blatantly wrong with previous. The 3650 has a great track record and is probably the best in it's class. So, if there was nothing wrong with it, I see know need to come out with the 3660, since the only improvement could have been a hybrid, which it obvioulsy isn't. The other reason to come out with a new model, cost savings, make it cheaper, a little more flashy, call it a new model, and save the company some money. Not saying that Ridgid did this, I just don't see why they came out with a new model (that doesn't offer anything new) and am a little suspicious. Especially since they aren't openly advertising the benefits of the 3660 and nobody seems to know anything about it, they don't seem to be very proud of it...
                      that is a interesting thought...supposely they tried to "sturdy" up the legs...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                        After a short time of use you will be in love with your saw. The fact that the motor is outboard bothers some people but it isn't an issue for many. If there was any one improvement that I'd like to see it would be a riving knife instead of the splitter. This would require a new trunnion design and a different sized throat plate slot which would increase costs and, possibly, change their price point and their competitiveness; moreso if they attenpted to convert it to a hybrid. Damned profit (LOL)!
                        Later,
                        Chiz
                        https://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/frown.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...es/redface.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...s/rolleyes.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/smile.png

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                          Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                          hey thanks VASandy...


                          what also ticks me off is that before, the HD rep at the north store told me there was no way i was going to be able to unpack the 3650/3660 and put it in my 02 camry...
                          Who in their right mind would try to transport a table saw home in a Camry?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                            Originally posted by mapdude View Post
                            Who in their right mind would try to transport a table saw home in a Camry?
                            i'm just saying its possible, and if it's possible, why not ?

                            i don't see you're point man...

                            if it absolutely NEEDED a truck, then sure, there's no point of transporting something in a unsafe manner, but what is your point? just cus it's not a "manly" thing to do? cus it's not in a truck?

                            you've probably have never seen the TS3650, ok that explains it...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Vent, Kind of have buyer's remorse on TS3650

                              Borrow a truck or pay the $19 to rent theirs. They do a great job of packing it, and you will thank yourself for getting home in one piece.
                              Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X