Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumber yard question/help

Hello All,

Could any one recommend a lumber yard in Norther VA or WV that might sell 1 1/2 inch wide Cypruss (or any other wood suitable for outdoor projects)? I've called a couple of places, but haven't had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

If you've already checked your local yellow pages under lumber or hardwood or plywood, you might see if there is a local Woodcraft store nearby. http://www.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/a...l/homepage.asp
    Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, and thanks for the response. I did not see a Woodcraft store in the yellow pages. I guess because the closest one is over 60 miles away. I did look on their site, but I don't believe they carry Cyprus. Moreover, it appears that most of their 'outdoor' suitable wood does not come in 1 1/2 thickness. I am new to the woodworking -- so forgive me if I missed something.

Thanks again Dave,

Pete

Comment

TRY WWW.WOODFINDER.COM

THIS SITE ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME

Comment

have you found a source yet?

Comment

Hi Desmo888. Yes, I believe I have found a couple sources. Well, atleast they claim to have Cypress on their website. Right now I am building a prototype of the furniture out of pine. If all goes well, I will be getting in contact with them soon.

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X