I made some choices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made some choices

Thanks to all the great advise from the kind folks of this forum, my shopping experience went very smooth! I found out about the moving coupon on here and recieved 1 within 1 week! I had recently moved so it was fair enough lol. I went a bit over budget, and am nowhere near complete. In hindsight if your gonna buy a bunch of stuff at the same time with just yourself and wife and 2 pickups, YOUR gonna be sore the next day lol. Hauling around 6 tools on the flat carts at home depot is certainly an adventure. First off My home depot get a thumbs up becuase of thier helpfullness. They were understaffed and that was fine becuase I didnt need any immediate assistance. I did however want to go with the r4330 planer and all they had on the floor was the tp1300. The kid I grabbed made a couple of calls and said that they may have one 20 feet up on this shelve. 5 minutes later he came back with the r4330! I went with the TS3650, R4330, JP610, EB4424, R2930, And the shop vac. Thanks to all the input I stayed away from the band saw offered by Rigid, I went with the GO555 and am still waiting for that to arrive. I have'nt gotten a drill press yet, but its on my tour for the weekend! I did get about 14 different clamps to add to my collection O clamps. Rigid packs thier tools very well also I might add! I had to unpack the tablesaw to get it in, but everything else was fine with my tiny dolly. Even the knobs are packaged, attached inside another package! Sorry for the long post. Its gonna be a long weekend!

Re: I made some choices

Congrats, Cruelty! Sounds like your HD will have a good month, too! Post some pics when you get things together. Your shop is gonna look pretty cool. Don't forget to download the manual for the 3650 and use that instead of what's packed w/it. Also, check out the stickied thread on how to put the 3650 together. There's a couple whacky parts to the setup for the herculift, as well as a couple other tips in there that'll be handy. Good luck, and have fun!!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Re: I made some choices

Great choice of gear. I am in the tail stages of doing the same myself. Just got a craftsman pro 14 inch bandsaw to more or less complete my "shop".

Comment

Working...
      X