Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to attach router table to table saw fence rails?

Does anyone have any input on the best way for me to attach a router table that I am building to the rails on my table saw fence? I have a TS3650, it has slots in the rails, so I could technically cut a "tenon" on my router table to go into slot. I have also seen people use angle iron and the I would have to cut recesses in my router table for the bolt heads. Are there any other options out there? I am going to laminate 2 3/4" pieces of MDF together to make the top.

I have seen lots of other peoples pictures on this subject, but none ever really go into any details...

Re: Best way to attach router table to table saw fence rails?

Haven't mounted mine that way, but whatever you do, make sure it has support other than the aluminum rails. They will not take the weight of a router & table for long without sagging, and then your fence accuracy goes in the pits.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Re: Best way to attach router table to table saw fence rails?

I did not want to use the rip fence rails to support the router table so I made an angle iron frame.

Use the search feature to locate:

router extension on 3650

My previous post has some pics and a (long) description of attaching an outfeed table and a router table. The pics will give you the idea.

Comment

Working...
      X