Rigid ts3650 rookie...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid ts3650 rookie...

So I assembled my ts3650 yesterday... aside from some cursing about the herc-u-lift instructions and some sore fingers... I'm happy to report some clean cuts from the rip fence and miter guage right out of the box. The saw is very smooth, even though I have not really taken the time to measure the accuracy of my cuts and the blade. I noticed some edge burning on 45 degree cross cuts, but not on 90 degree cross cuts. I've vowed to not do anymore cutting until I can truly spend the time to measure all of the table saw settings. I ordered a three dvd set... "Mastering table saws, routers, and workshop machines" and I can't wait to get into some projects. I am Inspired by my late grandfather, who gave me great experience in his woodshop when I was a child. I also took woodshop classes in high school... but it has been awhile. (I think that I retained a lot of the information because the woodshop classes were the most enjoyable classes I had ever taken).

Anyways... I'm happy to join this forum, and I hope that being a rookie... I will be able to do more than just ask the questions...

P.S. - My only real question for now is how I can teach my girlfriend that I am not "hiding from her" when I lock myself in the garage for an entire day of woodworking? All I did was spend seven hours assembling the saw yesterday... and I'm already in the doghouse!!! Lol...

Re: Rigid ts3650 rookie...

Make your very first project something personal for her, then it's clear sailing for quite a while after that for garage time. Been there-done that. A very nice mahogney jewelrey box for my wife and I never hear anything but "be careful and enjoy" from my wife when I say I am headed for the garage.

P.S.- This also works when it comes time to improve your current tool stable.

Jeff

Comment

Great Idea... I can't steal your jewelry box Idea though... she loses all of the jewelry I buy her... maybe a music box would be better!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by funeralguy82 View Post
        Great Idea... I can't steal your jewelry box Idea though... she loses all of the jewelry I buy her... maybe a music box would be better!!! LOL!!!
        Maybe if she had a cool jewelry box she wouldn't lose them any more! Welcome to the world of woodworking. Take your time and get to know your tools. Get a good blade for your saw. You'll want to make those super-clean cuts some day. For your first project, a crosscut sled is always a good choice.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
        X