Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An INCRA Fence on a 3650/3660

Hey,
    Just wanted to see if anyone has added an INCRA fence to either the Ridgid 3650 or 3660?

Thanks,

Re: An INCRA Fence on a 3650/3660

Hey Anon,

I have been doing alot of research on the TS III from INCRA. Everything I read reinforces my attraction to this add-on. Only one caveat.....this thing is LONG! It will extend 60" beyond the blade, so take that into consideration if you have limited space.

I am actually on the verge of ordering it. The cheapest place BY FAR that sells this item is HERE, a full $80.00 cheaper than the next cheapest (is that a proper phrase??).

Anyway, if you want to wait until I get it to make your decision it will be at least 2 weeks.

Zeno
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Zeno,
      I was sort of in a rush when I put the post up, and really didn't ask the right question. I already have the incra, and when I went to mount it, I saw some issues:

Issue 1: The back rail will have to be cut in half to allow the use of the splitter. I called Incra, and they said this is really common with contractor saws, and was easy to do.

Issue 2: The mounting L bracket on the saw table for the back rail will have to be moved over some, requiring me to drill a new hole. The splitter/blade guard mount hits it where it currently is mounted. This is so the blade can bevel to 45.

Issue 3: The Splitter/Blade guard mount will hit the bottom of the rail, and I will have to either cut or grind away a section for it to fit. This is also so the blade can bevel to 45.

I was pretty upset at first, but now I'm feeling ok. Incra customer support was really great with advice!

Just keep these in mind when you buy.

Also, Incra sells replacement rails for $89.00 a pair, so even if I really mess it up, I can still get a new set of rails.

Comment

Wow...so how do you like it?? Since I have never used the silly blade guard, luckily that will not be an issue for me. I am very curious to know how the Automatic Positioning Control works and if this is as worth it as everyone is telling me....

zeno
        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Zeno,
          I haven't used it yet on my Ridgid, but my buddy has it on his Grizzly and says it's worth evey penny! Nothing like being able to repeat any cut. You're right though, you will need a lot of room, the entire system takes up a big footprint.

Comment

I can't find any reason to replace the one that came with it. Works find for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mapdude View Post
              I can't find any reason to replace the one that came with it. Works find for me.
              I can't either.

If it's adjusted properly, It'll cut exactly where it's set.

Al
              America:
              The land of the free
              Because of the brave

Comment

Right, but have you ever used the incra? If you have, you would understand. The system is great.

Comment

Working...
                X