X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cordless drills/drivers

I have had a makita 14.4v 1/2" drill for nearly four months and have used it for drilling, screwing and boring in treated wood.This drill is very well made because I have put it to the test and it has not failed me. I considered dewalt,makita and milwaukee when I was buying a drill. I am very pleased with my makita purchase.

Makita 9.6 was the standard for several years, but mine are now in semi-retirement in the shop. For every day use I now have a DeWalt 14.4. Good comfortable design. Have used the DeWalt 18 volt, lots of power, but too heavy for all day.
    Haven't tried the Milwaukee yet.

Frank

Comment

actually this brings up an interesting question. in fact, i was just about to start a new post regarding which cordless i should buy. I am torn between the Milwaukee 0522-24 and the Hilti SF 121-A. i stay away from makita cordless (athough most of my hand helds are makita).

ed
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

What type of usage are we looking at?
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Primarily for drilling and driving in wood. i have a milwaukee 1/2 inch hammer drill i use for most of my drilling needs. my old craftsman 12V drill driver is about dead after 8 years of faithful use. my problem now is after 2 or 3 screws it dies. the batteries have just had it. i am looking for something that is powerful enough to say screw a deck or secure drywall in a average size room. looking for one that will last (battery wise) and not die out before the last battery is done charging. my craftsman used to live up to this. it is time to upgrade, spend a little more and get the next higher tool. I know the milwaukee will suit my needs. just wondering how the hilti will do?
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I can't help you on the Hilti as I've never used one.

No matter what drill/driver is brought up somebody will have something bad to say about it. That being said, the brand I've probably heard the least bad things about is Milwaukee. You do pay for what you get in this case. If you got 8 years out of a Craftsman, you may want to consider if your usage is worth this kind of dollar investment.

As far as power goes, a 14.4v will probably be all that you need and you may even be able to get away with a 9.6v if you don't drive a lot of long screws.

I hope someone else can answer you question about the Hilti brand. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-29-2002, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X