X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planer blades

I'm ready to purchase the updated Ridgid planer, but am concerned about the availability of the blades. I've heard they difficult to obtain and I would buy the DeWalt if the replacement blades were not over $50 a set and about more than the Ridgid.

Anyhow have any experience obtaining Ridgid replacement knives??

Re: Planer blades

Welcome to the forum!

Check http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=14491&page=2

By now, your local Home Depot should be either stocking them or have clear instructions on ordering them for you. They are priced around $30 a set and should be readily available.

CWS

Comment

Buy the DeWalt, you won't be sorry. You have to be a little patient in order to get this kind of price but I've been able to buy replacement knives for my DeWalt 735 on eBay for under $35.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I work at a fairly new HD and noticed last night that even though we are selling the R4330, we only have blades for the 1300. If anyone knows the sku for the 4330 blades, let me know as I would like to make sure we get them into stock.

After getting some great info from this forum, I have learned a great deal about the products and also noticed some holes in what we have on the shelves. Just on the planers, our display is the 1300 but all our sales stock is the R4330. Why not have the blades for them?? With something over 10k parts in my department alone, I can see how it happens.

A little information can go a long way to not being seen as just another orange apron.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I did not see the replacement blades several weeks ago, but I checked at Home Depot and they do have the R4330 and blades for both the 1300 and 4330. It looked like the R4330 model was a set of 2 knives for $29.99. The 1300 blades are also interchangeble with a Ryobi according to the packaging. The blades for the R4330 are smaller and thinner than the blades for the 1300...likely due to the 3 blade cutterhead system on the new model, which is yielding more CPI...but I'm not sure that translates to better performance.

Comment

Are you saying that the replacement blades for the R4330 consists of a set of two knives? If that's the case then you'd have to spend almost $60 to change out the 3 knives on R4330 planer.

Comment

I looked up the blades in the system yesterday and they came up as SKU 673-955 at $29-30. I seem to recall that it did say it was a 3 blade set for the 4330

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up dlwhitmore. It only makes sense that it would be a 3 pak but hey, you never know.

Comment

Working...
                X