X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" sliding mite saw & MS-UV

I just got the 12" sliding mitre saw and utility stand. I do a lot of remodeling projects - both at home and on the side - so the mobility was a big plus as well as the fact that I have very limited bench space in my garage.

What is the consensus on storing the saw on the stand in the upright position? Does anyone know how much research and testing went into these products to determine if the slide bars on the saw will incur significant damage if stored on its side? I can't find any disclaimers or warnings within either of the product manuals.

Re: 12" sliding mite saw & MS-UV

I don't know if any official research has been done but the general consensus on this board and others is that it's OK to store the saw in either the up or down position.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Allow me to clarify - by storing it in the "up" position, I am implying that the saw is mounted on the utility stand, the stand is folded down and tipped up on its end.

Therefore, the blade slide arms are locked down, but the entire saw is hanging off the utility stand on its side.

Comment

Originally posted by rpage View Post
        Allow me to clarify - by storing it in the "up" position, I am implying that the saw is mounted on the utility stand, the stand is folded down and tipped up on its end.

Therefore, the blade slide arms are locked down, but the entire saw is hanging off the utility stand on its side.
        Allow me to clarify also. When I referred to the down position I meant that the tabled would be in the lowered position and that the stand itself would then be tipped on end as you described. This would in effect mean that the saw was being stored on it's side.
        Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-25-2008, 06:23 PM.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have had mine for about a year and store as you've detailed. Saw has had a moderate amount of movement to different jobs and have no problems with alignments changing,

Terry

Comment

Rigids 12" slider is built like a M-1 Abrams so is the stand . I have had both of mine for several years and it hasn't missed a beat. Happy cutting!

Comment

Working...
            X