robbed by Ridgid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robbed by Ridgid

I am one of the biggest fans of Ridgid tools and now they are treating me like a criminal!
    I have been trying to get my $100 refund from them and they won't give it to me.
    I sent in the original receipt because i no longer had the UPC label and they just flat out refuse to give me the refund without it.
    This is a form of false advertising and it says a lot about the way Ridgid treats loyal customers.
    I am very disapointed in what I thought was a good product with lots of value.
    Mick Chambers<br />Keller TX<br />buyukan@yahoo.ca

Ridgid is not the only one requiring a UPC code from the product packaging for a rebate. Many companies have that as the terms for a rebate. It probably says so on the rebate form. Otherwise you could buy the product, then return the product and still have the cash register receipt. You just gotta play by the rules.

Comment

Mikc hate it for you but I know that almost all rebates require the UPC code. You dont follow the rules...you dont get the rebate

Comment

Sorry----but I'm a big fan of buying on rebates, and if they don't require a UPC than it's some other thing on the packaging. Just get into the habit of holding on to the packaging until you've checked out the product (to make sure it works) and then file the rebate.
        Dave

Comment

Mick,
          Check your email.
          Jeff

Comment

The whole rebate system from all manufacturers(not just ridgid) is a scam. They hope people like you make some mistake so they don't have to pay the rebate. I wish companies would just have sale prices. The really annoying rebates are the ones for chump change, the 1,2 or 5 dollar rebates. On those particular rebates I will avoid buying the product and get a competitor's if possible.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I refuse to play that rebate game! The only way that I ever buy a product that is offering a rebate is if the product is already the least expensive one I'm looking at before the rebate is factored in. Fine print very seldom benefits the consumer.
              I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

There's no question that manufacturers depend on a certain number of people to fail to send for or make a mistake. But, gad, it really isn't all that complicated. You read the form, assemble what they want, make a photo copy-----mail in your stuff.

I did find a scam one time----bought an upgrade for a Microsoft program, which had a rebate if you could prove you had the earlier copy. On the outside of the box, they listed my software---on the rebate form, it didn't list the software----very simple---I photo copied the box panel that listed my program and sent it in with a note----"don't mess with me" or words to that affect-----got my rebated.
                Dave

Comment

I dont think it is a scam but if a manufacture or a store like home depot offer a rebate the expect some people not to worry about it and they expect some people to screw it up. So it is cheaper to offer a rebate because they do not have to spend the money on the people that forget or screw up...If they off a straight $30 off then they know everyone will get that $30 off.

Comment

Exactly! It's like grocery coupons. Loads of people clip them, but last figures I heard were well less than 10% were redeamed.
                    Dave

Comment

Coupons are better than rebates. With a coupon you get the discount on the spot. I have had too many rebates where I had to call and follow up because they sit on it hoping you wont follow up.
                      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

This topic's title should be "My inability to follow simple instructions" rather than "I was robbed..............blah, blah. blah."

I have yet to come across a rebate where the UPC code was not required.
                        Dick

Comment

I do rebates and have yet to have one not go through. But like several have said, you really have to make sure that everything is supplied that they ask for.

Personally, I don't have any real understanding of why companies do rebates, unless of course they expect people not to play the game. Certainly by all that I can account for, it has got to cost them more money than just putting the stuff on sale. You figure that they have to print up the rebate, establish a mailing center or contract it out. Handle the mail, check all the paper, do the accounting, issue the check, mail costs, etc.. So, you know it's got to cost a lot more in some instances than the actual rebate is worth.

I recall that several years ago in the company that I used to work for, someone did a study and found it cost the company something like $50 just to cut a check, regardless of the ammount. Between the footwork, accounting, approvals, etc. it is not a cheap process. Rebates would be even more costly, I would think.

CWS

Comment

Mick, if you don't have the info the company requires, don't expect to get a refund! You just have to have the right stuff to get what you want!!!!!!!!!!!
                            <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

Hergy, I completely agree. If you can't follow simple instructions, that is your fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X