X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is $420 a good price for a TS3650?

again, that is a rediculous price for the 3650...if anyone has been thinking about getting this thing, get it NOW!

Comment

I agree with Deuce, its an awesome saw at $550, let alone $467.

I noticed yesterday at HD that they have the 3660 in stock, I wonder if it will be the same price?

Comment

I think the price may go even lower. They simply aren't moving and with HD removing the actual demo models and just using pictures I don't think they are selling a thing. I wonder which wiz kid thought that one up.

I think Ridgid either better insist HD puts the demo models back or they need to get another retailer. I sure wouldn't buy a product that costs this much from a picture.
        I would want to touch it and feel it. See how the fence moves, how the mitre gauge fits and feels, how the actual saw is constructed. Just got a picture I say keep it.
        Ed
        Rev Ed

Comment

Well guys I pulled the trigger. $420 (with a Lowes 10% off coupon) I went and picked it up today. It is now partially assembled (ready to put on the rails). 4 1/2 hours to get to this point including reading the manual through once and studying the lift assembly. All went well so far. Sure rolls beautifully! Spent the better part of an hour getting the extensions spot on! Tomorrow morning I will measure the runout on the arbor before going on. Took a lot of pictures to douument the assembly. Thanks for you help up to this point.

Alan

Comment

Congrats, and welcome to the 3650 club (or I guess it's the 36X0 club). That's an excellent deal, and you won't regret it.

Here's hoping the jointer and drill press prices follow suit.

Comment

How were you able to use a lowes discount at home depot? I might be missing something? I did see that saw tonight for 467.00 along with a sliding miter by Ridgid but when I asked for 10% off, nope, nada, zip, and you can just look at the pretty pretty picture. Too bad I opened a HD account last week and already used the 10% discount...

Comment

Bought a TS3660 today for 467 less 30 discount, for 437 plus tax. I am looking foward to assemble tomorrow. I went in for a 3650, said they had them in stock, couldn't find them, then the manager offered me a 3660 for the same price with an additional 30 dollar discount for applying for a home depot card. Note they would not discount 10% for new home deport credit card, said they limit it to 20 dollars. I asked nicely and got 30 dollars off, i'm happy. I feel it is a fair price, btw the ridgid fuegos are on sale not for 101 dollars. I paid like 119 on sale before, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr. i'll go back for my 18 dollars tomorrow if i can find the receipt!

Comment

Oh i forgot, I tried to buy the floor model, display unit that had a broken power switch, a missing knob on the miter handle, had no blade, and looked dusty. But home depot manager said they would not sell the display 3650, that the stores were going to send the displayed models back for credit to the store for a new model. Maybe the manager felt sorry for me and thats why she let me have the 3660 for the same sales price less the 30 bucks.

Comment

I got the 10% discount coupon by signing up at Lowes on their new hose move in deal. HD has the same program. With Lowes the email you a coupon in about 3 days that you can print out. All of the HD stores take them here.

The HD stores are fussy at times as a week or so I picked up a R9223 set of tools that had been marked down from $449 to $299, I then used a Harbor Freight 15% off to get them for $254. I went back two days ago with another HF coupon-no deal. They said no (different people at store). Then I got my Lowes Coupon and went back to the same store and they took it. Just because you get rejected.....keep trying, eventually you get a hit. I have 2 HD's within 4 miles of my house with another 4 or 5 within 12 or so miles, so I have a lot of opportunities to use my competitor coupons.

I just fired up my TS3650. Wow what a saw.... Passed the nickel test on the initial power up. I feel that this is a steal at $467...and grand larceny at $420!

Alan

Comment

ALAN one more deals and steals out there. At the local sears service center, beaumont, TX. they have the scratch and dent sale items. Most with damaged boxes are 60% off retail. I love ridgid and dewalt but couldnt' pass up a 12 miter saw w/ lazer for 153 bucks and two routers, a plunge for 53 bucks and a fixed base for 48 bucks! I am going to look into the 10% off house movers discount coupon. Lowes here i come! Oh the sears 10 portable saws are 187 dollars! Not bad for a tote along saw.

Comment

I have been waiting for a coupon or sale here near Albany NY since Christmas. If anyone in the same area sees the 3650 go on sale, please let us know. I will post if I see anything. I check sales flyer online every week religiously. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AlanB View Post
                          I just came from HD and they had the TS3650 marked down to $467.00, then using a 10% off coupon, bringing it down to $420.30.??
                          Alan
                          I think so - I had been looking at 3 different saws and did exactly what you are talking about today - IMNSHO $420.30 is a great price.

Comment

hi folks. new guy here. i want to thank everyone here for all their reviews. i just bought my 3650 today. the price was at 467. it doesn't say that one the website but the instore price at two different places i went to have that price. i asked and they said the end date is 3-31 so if anyone is looking now just might be the time to pull the trigger. i also opened up a hd account so i got 10% more. out the door for 445. again thanks to all here for your honest reviews.

Comment

Yeah, I got one too. On sale for 467, plus a $50 discount for opening a HD account. I know $50 sounds too good to be true but some young guy behind the counter said he had his manager's permission to do so. So $417 total plus 5% Massachusetts tax. Good deal. I got it yesterday and finally finished setting it up. No problems thanks to some tips I picked up here. The only thing of interest for people interested in buying one is that my local HD did not have the rails -- they couldn't find them. The HD the next town over (Watham) had some, but a nearby store (Somerville) was missing them too. I drove around like a madman tracking down the rails at one store and working out an agreement between HD managers to transfer my credit card application from one store to the next. Long story short, i did more work to get this saw than the folks at HD did to sell it to me, but no complaints. Good deal. Good saw.

Comment

Originally posted by johneel View Post
                                Yeah, I got one too. On sale for 467, plus a $50 discount for opening a HD account. I know $50 sounds too good to be true but some young guy behind the counter said he had his manager's permission to do so. So $417 total plus 5% Massachusetts tax. Good deal. I got it yesterday and finally finished setting it up. No problems thanks to some tips I picked up here. The only thing of interest for people interested in buying one is that my local HD did not have the rails -- they couldn't find them. The HD the next town over (Watham) had some, but a nearby store (Somerville) was missing them too. I drove around like a madman tracking down the rails at one store and working out an agreement between HD managers to transfer my credit card application from one store to the next. Long story short, i did more work to get this saw than the folks at HD did to sell it to me, but no complaints. Good deal. Good saw.
                                The store that is 10 mins from my house didn't have the rails either. They looked for about an hour. I ended up calling around the next day and found one that was 30 mins way instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X