X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is $420 a good price for a TS3650?

I bought this saw two weeks ago for $549 -10% ($494.10). I went back to HD today and got $79.80 back ($467 - 10%). I was pretty surprised that I didn't need to argue about keeping the 10%. After adding in tax, this forum saved me $79.80. I wouldn't have known about the 30 day price adjustments; or that the sale was on sale without it.

Comment

HD is an interesting place. At my 'home" store, I was the guy who wandered around, looking up at the stacks, and finding the narrow box of rails that I pointed out to the workers. But it was damaged with a big ding in the rear rail that they offered to "sand out" for me. I refused. They called the neighboring store to see if they had rails and the answer was no, but I knew they had them and ended up shouting across the service counter, "Tell them to look in the rack in back of the saws! Tell them to look in back of the bandsaw boxes!" Like I'm the freakin' HD stock boy. All to no avail. And then one guy tells me they're discontinuing the saw entirely, but I explain to him what I learned through this forum about the re-boxing of the TS3660. So I drive to the next store and close the deal. Some workers though -- a few -- went out of their way to help me. It's hit or miss, which I guess is true of just about everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mark in pa View Post
        hi folks. new guy here. i want to thank everyone here for all their reviews. i just bought my 3650 today. the price was at 467. it doesn't say that one the website but the instore price at two different places i went to have that price. i asked and they said the end date is 3-31 so if anyone is looking now just might be the time to pull the trigger. i also opened up a hd account so i got 10% more. out the door for 445. again thanks to all here for your honest reviews.
        Thanks Mark, you were right. I went into my local store today and they had it on sale and there was no mention of it on the website, still full price there. I had a bunch of gift cards so $467 + tax = 505, I paid 90.00 out of pocket after gift cards, not a bad deal, especially after waiting so long. Thank you to everyone here for bringing it to my attention. I almost forgot the rails, but they were sitting on top of nearby boxes. The Latham NY store I was in had one saw, but two sets of rails. Now to get it into the basement for setup, it was hard enough getting it in and out of the truck. Thanks!

Comment

Bought a 3650 today at HD for $420.30 using this 10% HF coupon...

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html.../Go_Coupon.jpg

from Harbor Freight...

Skip
          www.ShopFileR.com

Comment

Working...
          X