X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is $420 a good price for a TS3650?

I just came from HD and they had the TS3650 marked down to $467.00, then using a 10% off coupon, bringing it down to $420.30.??

I want a good saw until I can afford a Powermatic PM2000...

Thanks,

Alan

Re: Is $420 a good price for a TS3650?

better than $550. Id say you got a good deal, it rarely goes on sale by me.

Comment

I have not yet picked it up....But I am considering it. I got the R9223 set last fridat for $254 with a 15% Harbour Freight coupon, so I am thinking that they will take another.

Alan

Comment

Retails for $549 in US/$599 in Canada, so not bad, better if they take one of those 15 percent off coupons, then you're down to $396.95 - I don't use one but under $400 bucks sounds pretty good.......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Tinmack:

I used my 15% off last friday when I got my R9223 for $254 and change....so I can't find another 15% off coupon. BTW you helped in my decision on the R9223, great system, used this last weekend. Now waiting to get the 3.0AMP HR. Lithium-Ions and charger! Thanks!!

Alan

Comment

I was there today. It looks like HD went through and reduced the prices on almost all the Ridgid line. The 2400 was at $404, 24v 3pc at $339, 18v LI-Ion drill with 2 batts for $168. That's just the prices I can remember. A circular saw, drill, roof nailer and miter saw were also marked down.

Comment

Yes those are the prices I sdaw as well. I sure wish the 18v drill had the 3.0 amp hr. batteries!

Alan

Comment

Hi Alan - There aren't alot of better alternatives in a new full size cast iron saw for ~ $425. $400 seems like about the rock bottom pricing for a full size new saw. Sale prices can put the Jet 708100 Workshop hybrid in that price range. The Craftsman 22104 clearance price is at or below that, but it's very hard to find one anymore. The Hitachi C10FL is ~ $450 with 10% coupon, but IMHO that's not a great candidate compared to the others. Rockler had a good deal on the Jet 708300 contractor saw for $399, but may be in short supply. The full size Delta's start at ~ $100 more on sale. All will cut wood well, but all are a compromise of sorts. It really boils down to which features you like best and which you can live without.

Comment

I've seen reconditioned Delta TS at cpooutlet.com for about $350 w/o the fence, and just over $400 with a T-2 fence. Those seem to move quickly. The local HD had the 3650 floor model for $325 "as is". A little rusty but the fence and guard were missing. I haven't seen the Jet hybrid on sale that low - yet. $420 sounds like a good deal to me.

Comment

420 is a good deal... because I paid 545 about a month ago... geeze... then again, I was unaware of any hd coupons/discounts...

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                      I was there today. It looks like HD went through and reduced the prices on almost all the Ridgid line. The 2400 was at $404, 24v 3pc at $339, 18v LI-Ion drill with 2 batts for $168. That's just the prices I can remember. A circular saw, drill, roof nailer and miter saw were also marked down.
                      mdm,

Do you know if they knocked down the price of the new Ridgid Planer R4330?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgg View Post
                        mdm,

Do you know if they knocked down the price of the new Ridgid Planer R4330?
                        Sorry, I didn't see the planer.

Comment

Is that $420 for the price of a new, in the box saw or is that for the floor model? You may want to check that out.

Comment

They are new in the box saws. They reduced the price from $549.00 to $467.00. The $420 is after an additional 10% matching coupon. The HD closest to me has 3 units still in the box. They no longer display the full size table saws anymore, only the little portable ones.

I am guessing that they are clearing these out to make room for the TS3660 model.

Alan

Comment

The price for the TS3650 has been marked down to $467 through 3/31 (or while they last). The R4330 is not marked down at this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X