Craftsman Digital Bevel Readout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Digital Bevel Readout

Saw this in the catalog in the mail today. It's so new its not on their web site yet. Sure looks like its a modified Wixey Digital Angle Gauge with a remote sensor. I find the handheld digital angle gauge is a great tool. I use it to set many of the tools in my shop.

Name:  94af388e2d4a24a48b6f25261b0ea5f0.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  aab5c64fbd46f6c0e7350b84fc44443e.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  25.3 KB

BTW, if you have the Wixey Digital Height Readout for your planer, they have a improved model out and you can uipgrade your existing model for $19.99
    http://www.wixey.com/planer/index.html
    See the middle of the page for info on upgrading.

I have no connection just a happy user of two of their tools.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 02-25-2008, 07:14 PM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Craftsman Digital Bevel Readout

$79.99! I wonder what makes it worth twice what a Wixey sells for at its regular price. Usually, if you look hard enough, the Wixey can be found on sale somewhere for around $30.

I picked up a Wixey not that long ago and was very surprised to find out that both my jointer and TS were off just a skoosh. Great little tool.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Hi Dave,

The difference between this and the cube you and I both have is it has a remote sensor that mounts on the TS to read the blade tilt. You don't have to crank the blade up high enough to mount the gauge on it, just push the button and it stays on for like a minute or so.

Wixey told me that if they were to sell this it would be darn near the same price as Sears. It will work on just about any TS, the design is universal.

The down side is as you said the higher price and also that it is dedicated to a single tool.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

If you go for a Wixey, you can use it on different tools like a mitre saw or the fence of a planer. I got mine for fathers day and like it a lot. I woud not but a fixed one. not at 79$ like Sears - not even at 39$ because when fixed, it mean single tool.

Comment

Working...
        X