No announcement yet.

New TS3650-It's a fun one!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the pics. I have to say Golfmore, it's a nice looking setup. My only question is what kind of setup do you have under the top? Would you show a couple of pics for the underside?

Comment

Yes I will, and they are those famous toilet bolts... Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it... And I do have to add the tracks.. I will do this later this week. (I'll be back.). I used toilet bolts to mount to the rails. Clamped a couple of steel angles on it, and set the hole location. Driiled the holes abd all is well, and it is even flat!

[ 06-21-2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Golfmore ]

Comment

I also have a M12V mounted on the underside. So far it seems to worrk quite well.

Comment

I have a TS3650. I use a stackable dado head and each time I install and remove the dado head the nut that retains the blade becomes more and more difficult to install. To the point that a wrench is required. Has anyone had any problems like this??

Thanks, PLS

[ 06-29-2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: TS3650 ]

Comment

Welcome! [img]smile.gif[/img]
            I also use a stackable dado on my 3650 and have not had any problems. I may be wrong but I suspect that you are overtightening the nut and have distorted the threads. It should only be snugged up. Run a die nut over the arbor threads and a tap thru the nut threads and you should be all set.
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

You might want to take the nut with you to be sure you get the correct thread pitch. I'm not sure but it may not be a standard 5/8-11 NC thread. Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Thanks much for the suggestions.....

I have used dodos for years on several different saws, Craftsman, Ryobi and Powermatic and never had this problem so I don't think its an over tightening issue. What dado equipment are others using? I use a Freud SD208 8"

I will give the die option a try.

Thanks again
                PLS

Comment

Alittle help please, I am about to buy my first table saw and was leaning toward the dewalt woodworker(1 3/4 hp) dw746xb for $899 when I discovered the rigid at hd for less money. My hd salesman knows nothing about the saw. I was confused how you can rip up to 36 inches since the fence falls off the saw beyond 22 inches the way they had it set up at the store. If anyone is familiar with the two saws please compare the goods and bads for me.
                  Barrell

Comment

I read on a string below about the grizzly 0444 but went to their website and found no mention of it. Whats up?
                    barrell

Comment

I know this is a stupid question, but are you sure you were looking at the 3650? The 3650 fence definately will move 36+" to the right of the blade. HD is notorious for poor machine set-up. I'd love to know how they screwed this one up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Go to www.grizly.com search for G0444Z and there you are. Also check out their FREE workshop planner. www.grizzly.com/workshopplanner.cfm?

Edit: Left a "z" out of Grizzly

[ 07-04-2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
                      Lorax

Comment

barrell - the 3650's rails definitely go further than 22"....36" rip.

Here's a link to the Griz 0444Z:
                        http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...mnumber=G0444Z

Comment

Like I said [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Hey Hewood! Muggy enough fer ya?
                          Lorax

Comment

lorax, The measurement on the front rail went to 36 inches, but the back rail and table stopped at 22 inches on the right side of saw. I guess the hd workers didnt put ti together properly.
                            Barrell
                            ps is any one familiar with the above mentioned dewalt?

Comment

Hi Lorax - Happy Independence Day to you too!

Re: the humidity....my preference is 65F-70F with low humidity, and I honestly prefer 35F over this! Thank God for AC!!!!

Don't be torching anything important now!

Comment

Originally posted by barrell:
                                lorax, The measurement on the front rail went to 36 inches, but the back rail and table stopped at 22 inches on the right side of saw. I guess the hd workers didnt put ti together properly.
                                Barrell
                                ps is any one familiar with the above mentioned dewalt?
                                I'm fairly familiar with the Dewalt 746x. It is what most call a hybrid saw. To me that is a misnomer, I see it as a complete redesign of the table saw for the home hobbyist.

The 746 has a good dust collection that could be better if the outlet was 4 inches instead of 2 ½.

It has good power at 1 ¾ horses but is not in the class of a production machine with 3hp.

It’s trunion and arbor support is superior to all contractor saws with the Ridgid coming in second. If Ridgid’s trunnions were cast iron I would call it a tie. In any case both saws are superior to steel bars and potential of movement in all others.

I see the fence on the 746 as superior to Ridgid’s just because it is steel versus aluminum.

I see both the Ridgid and Dewalt as having superior controls when compared to other contractor saws.

The Dewalt can be outfitted with a sliding table that in my opinion is one of the best and considering is comes with a Osborne type miter gauge I think the cost is best in class anywhere.

Negatives. The Dewalt has a proprietary motor mount, cast iron wings are extra and mobile base is extra.

In my book if I was going to spend more than the cost of a Ridgid 3650 my only option would be the Dewalt unless I went the whole way to $1700 Unisaw.

Many will cite the Grizzly and others but when I spend this much money I want to touch and feel it, I also want someone I can look straight in the eyes if I ever need service. I have also learned when you buy from a local dealer you also make a friend that will help you. That part is harder to do if you buy a Ridgid from HD. However Ridgid has this forum and people here do help each other.

You might also consider Delta machines they have a few models that are priced round the 3650 price. You can look at the USA made 36-444, or the two overseas models 36-650 and 36-680. The Delta 36-680 is a made overseas has two cast iron wings and comes with a t-square fence that is a Beismeyer clone and I was just quoted a price at the same price as the Ridgid.
                                Rev Ed

Comment

Working...
                                X